Bikes speeding on cycle lane

mdk555

I presume that is atraffic cop doing speed trapping. Surely he is illegally parked? What a complete idiot. Very dangerous. You should send that photo to the traffic department.

I agree it must be wrong to be parked there, but if you riding your bike during the day and ride into a car standing still. You the complete idiot.

I agree it must be wrong to be parked there, but if you riding your bike during the day and ride into a car standing still. You the complete idiot.

:lol: ... especially with that huge gap there!

I presume that is atraffic cop doing speed trapping. Surely he is illegally parked? What a complete idiot. Very dangerous. You should send that photo to the traffic department.

They can park where they want in the execution of their duties, I believe.

That is crazy. They are posing a danger to the cyclists who use that lane. Sure if you hit him you are an idiot but that is not the point. I very much doubt that him being there is legal. He is causing an obstruction when there is no emergency. It is as it always is in this country... do what I say not what I do.

That is crazy. They are posing a danger to the cyclists who use that lane. Sure if you hit him you are an idiot but that is not the point. I very much doubt that him being there is legal. He is causing an obstruction when there is no emergency. It is as it always is in this country... do what I say not what I do.

Totally. There was a row up here when they wanted to fine cops who had parked "illegally", but the counter was they could do what they want if they're "doing their jobs".

A danger, how so?

I mean he isn't on a blind rise or corner, has parked obtrusively and is visible. Plus there is a very clear space still for cyclists to commute.

Not so at all, they still need to park like the rest of society, legally that is. There was a case I read recently where they were parked on the pavement and stopping people for speeding, and because they were illegally parked all fines submited that day where null & void :lol:

Last week Wednesday I was cycling home on the fan walk and where it crosses Buitengraght street a pedestrian (As pedestrians do in the city) decided to run into traffic and then look for on coming traffic.

Well he found a white CTi golf which managed to hurl him rather high into the air before be hit the ground bounced on the street and landed on the pavement.

My first emotions were of shock and horror, but before he landed I had a huge impulse to go over there and kick him on the ground.

He stood up and was told to sit down, which he did while bleeding everywhere. There were enough people around and a CIDD security guard so I continued on after realising that there was nothing I could do. My heart goes out to the lady driving the car as she was really shaken.

1 1/2 block down the road I pop into good old Action Cycles to quickly use their floor pump and notice that a traffic cop has just pulled over his car in traffic in order to write out a parking fine to a car illegally parked. This is during peak hour.

Before he could touch pen to paper I approached him and told him RE the accident down the road and this chop's reply was that he would first want to write out this fine before going 1 1/2 block up the road to attend to a accident.

Not believing what he just told me I moved along and a few moments afterwards I was angry with myself for not taking his details down and reporting him.

So what this long story is leading towards is that these guys are more interested in getting the fines in for the end of the year braai and bonuses than actually attending to traffic and assisting people in need.

H

H

Because it is a cycle lane and not part of the road. It is not even the shoulder of the road. He is behind a barrier and had to get there some how. I wonder... if it was a normal car or a rackety old car you would not be taking the view you have. Me personally I can't see how that would be legal to be there.