Endomondo, amazing app!!

Soggy

I came across this app a few days ago and was blown away, especially since its free!! If your phone is GPS enabled and is one of the large amount of phones that its compatible with, then I would suggest giving it a try! All you do is start it and road cycle/walk/run/mountain bike/hike/etc.. and the app times your activity, and gives your distance with GPS accuracy. Then either on your phone or on their website you can check out the route you walked/ran/cycled it mapped on a Google maps like page and it gives a world of information of your activity.

Did I say again......its all free!! Its compatible with Android, Nokia (Symbian), Blackberry, Iphone, and more.

Check it out for yourself@: http://www.endomondo.com

Oh yeah, dont worry, I dont work for them, I was just very impressed by this app.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this app a few days ago and was blown away, especially since its free!! If your phone is GPS enabled and is one of the large amount of phones that its compatible with, then I would suggest giving it a try! All you do is start it and road cycle/walk/run/mountain bike/hike/etc.. and the app times your activity, and gives your distance with GPS accuracy. Then either on your phone or on their website you can check out the route you walked/ran/cycled it mapped on a Google maps like page and it gives a world of information of your activity.

Did I say again......its all free!! Its compatible with Android, Nokia (Symbian), Blackberry, Iphone, and more.

Oh yeah, dont worry, I dont work for them, I was just very impressed by this app.

Hi Soggy

I've been using endomondo, it realy is awsome. Just don't expect 100% accurate results. have a look at my profile/ invite me My endomondo profile

Yeah. Using it as well. kCal is a bit out but other than that it's great. Good motivator that I use along with my Mobii

Yes, it is a great app, i use it all the time.

Endo does provide some amusement at times - this was from a while ago - seems 'they' reduced the accuracy of the gps signal or something...

post-1995-0-93944600-1322642030.jpg

post-1995-0-97821600-1322642057.jpg

Just remember to charge up your phone before the ride, as the GPS might use a bit of power but it should last for some good hours

blink.gif

Not sure what happened there. Use mine of every ride and the GPS is more than accurate enough even when compared to my Mobii which is a dedicated GPS computer.

Endo does provide some amusement at times - this was from a while ago - seems 'they' reduced the accuracy of the gps signal or something...

post-1995-0-93944600-1322642030.jpg

post-1995-0-97821600-1322642057.jpg

Ha Ha!! so far I just tested it through my neighborhood and it was actually quite accurate. Maybe the satellite signal was a bit weak and it had to estimate a bit.

I have also been using Endomondo and found it great... like BodyBikeFit says not 100% accurate, but great anyways. :thumbup:

Also great for someone wanting to track while you race/train... they are even able to send you Peptalks which are read out by the program... if your volume is high enough to hear :blush:

Sports Tracker is also quite good. I prefer it as you do not need to go onto the internet to get all the details of you ride. Its all on your phone. Also it can be linked to a HRM.

Edited by facmp

It's normally amazing - you can tell what side of the road you rode on, and where you cut across intersections etc. Which was why that drug-induced looking route is so strange.

Sports Tracker is also quite good. I prefer it as you do not need to go onto the internet to get all the details of you ride. Its all on your phone. Also it can be linked to a HRM.

Endomondo can do both on the Android version.

Edited by L2climb