Endomondo, amazing app!!

Soggy

Yep. I'm watching WHO!

Done that. I see there is a powersaving setting. You have to BUY E/Pro - sneaky buggers!

Audio Coach - DISABLED !

Peptalk - DISABLED ! (If I needed a coach, I would strap her on !)

What is the COUNTDOWN setting for?

Also deactivate the automatic upload. Only do the upload once after you have stopped your training.

Edited by Soggy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the COUNTDOWN setting for?

Gives you a set period of time before data logging starts. Probably to allow you to start app just before the start of a race, etc.

(or that's what I think. Got mine set to only 10sec)

Edited by Wannabe

Gives you a set period of time before data logging starts. Probably to allow you to start app just before the start of a race, etc.

(or that's what I think. Got mine set to only 10sec)

Cool.

One silly question:

I have the app on an iphone, but am afraid to use it as it requires an active GPRS connection.

The iphone love to chow internet and I don't want to pay hundereds each time I ride.

Anyone got an answer for this one?

Today I started the app, wrapped my phone in the usuall plastic bag and put it in my hidration packs little zip compartment. When I finished the thing only told my how long I was riding. Am I doing something wrong? Could the plastic and material affect the gps that much??

Today I started the app, wrapped my phone in the usuall plastic bag and put it in my hidration packs little zip compartment. When I finished the thing only told my how long I was riding. Am I doing something wrong? Could the plastic and material affect the gps that much??

Never start your training before your phone picked up a satellite signal. It keep searching for signal when you move and never record the data. It is sensitive to things on top of the phone. I once placed my arm warmers over the phone while riding and it lost signal.

That's exactly what I do and I've never had an issue.

Never start your training before your phone picked up a satellite signal. It keep searching for signal when you move and never record the data. It is sensitive to things on top of the phone. I once placed my arm warmers over the phone while riding and it lost signal.

Will it have that little green tic like the one for the internet gets? Thanks for the help guys. P.s does it pause automatically when you stop?

Will it have that little green tic like the one for the internet gets? Thanks for the help guys. P.s does it pause automatically when you stop?

My Nokia have a little satellite with 2 bars. Once the 2 bars lite up and stop blinking it is locked on to a signal. No, the time will continue. You can edit your workout afterward on the website, if you want to correct your time. (your ride time on your cycle computer).

Go to settings. You can turn that on or off.

Endo does provide some amusement at times - this was from a while ago - seems 'they' reduced the accuracy of the gps signal or something...

post-1995-0-93944600-1322642030.jpg

post-1995-0-97821600-1322642057.jpg

it's trying to tell you to go offroad rather. much more fun :P

I'm trying to update my phones software because I had the app on for 30min now and the gps did not connect. Its weird tho because the first time I used it, it conected 1km into the ride. I put the auto update thing off. Man I want this thing to work!!!

Finally got my gps going. I have the sonyerricson satio don't know if this will work on other sony models but this worked: Bring up the Service Menu using the red/green buttons as follows: red, green, red, red, green, red

Then select Service tests, GPS, Purge assistance data.

Wow, you guys battle.

I use either a BB (9300) or a Moto MB 525. I turn on the app, wait for the GPS signal to kick in, press start when I start riding. Then lock the screeen and put it in my back pocket. After the ride, I stop the exercise, and it uploads automatically to endomondo and FB. Both set up for auto pause - which works ok. Does get confused during MTB races due to slow speeds when walking.

I think once in the past 12 months I had an issue with the app not recording, (but I think I pressed stop accidentally??)

Hope you get it right, since it is a lot of fun.