PPA Website

Lucky Luke.

Will the PPA website ever work?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Well, will it?

• No, it's been a complete disaster for years and I don't see them breaking with tradition any time soon
    • You never know, they might get a basic site that actually does the simple things we need it to. Just don't bother mailing them to request this. That doesn't work.

Also been trying to get or see more info on the Tour De PPA, could not get onto the site from the time they sent the last email.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Using this or any website shouldn't be like trying to ride up DH1 at tokai on your road bike. It should be simple to navigate. The requirements for the majority of members are simple.

Easy to find upcoming events

List the events on the discipline pages. If I click on mtb, show a list of upcoming mtb events in the rhs column with links to view more info.

Keep the site up to date.

Keep the site up - not hard with a reliable host and half decent source code.

Implement a search that works. Google has a free option which is easy to install on any website.

I get the same problem when going to their calendar on my computer, but if I access it via my crackberry I see the Cape Cobra, Tour de PPA, and a few others. Tried cleaning out my browser history and cookies and still same problem!

EDIT:

Here's the links to those rides

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/event/olympic-cycles-pres-les-foord-asset-journey-4-sight-n-service/

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/event/tour-de-ppa/

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/event/cycle-lab-cape-cobra-challenge-2/

Edited by Disylizzy

Why don't you, Lucky Luke help PPA with their website? They need "cycling mind" web designer...

Maybe you speak to them and they can pay you to get their website right....

Why don't you, Lucky Luke help PPA with their website? They need "cycling mind" web designer...

Maybe you speak to them and they can pay you to get their website right....

I'd love to buddy but I have too much on the go already. Which reminds me I need to stop posting here adn do some work :P

They've got our subs, so why should they care? Wait till after Argus to before you can expect any delivery from PPA.

On a serious note: I think that they are have over complicated their website. They simply need the following headings:

Home

Events

Enteries

Seedings

Results

Contact us

Under Events they can split it into Mountain biking and Road Cycling

Under each heading they can list the events, you click on the event, and a description, route map, profile, entry fees and orginisers contact details appears

Under entries you can select the events you wish to enter and then go to the secure link for payment

Under seedings they can simply have your current seeding as well as the formula

Under results they can take you to Racetec's page

Under contact us they can list email addresses and direct phone numbers to key personnel.

Once they get this bit right, they can add fancy gadgets like Google maps to the venues, weather forcasts etc, facebook and Twitter links etc.

Have you tried IE?

so far I have tried chrome mac / firefox mac / ie 7&8 windows. I don't think it's a browser issue any more, maybe something to do with content cached on the server or at the isp level. Pretty odd that some people get an up to date listing and others get the old one.

anyway that's enough ppa debuggery for today.

I'm not really interested in the scheduling so much as the schedule itself.

I click on 'Road Cycling', 10 minutes in and still trying to find it. I learn that "Road cycling is the most widespread of the various cycling disciplines", but despite being top of the cycling discipline charts there are still no events to be found here.

Yeah...

Tch!

:huh:

They've got our subs, so why should they care? Wait till after Argus to before you can expect any delivery from PPA.

On a serious note: I think that they are have over complicated their website. They simply need the following headings:

Home

Events

Enteries

Seedings

Results

Contact us

Under Events they can split it into Mountain biking and Road Cycling

Under each heading they can list the events, you click on the event, and a description, route map, profile, entry fees and orginisers contact details appears

Under entries you can select the events you wish to enter and then go to the secure link for payment

Under seedings they can simply have your current seeding as well as the formula

Under results they can take you to Racetec's page

Under contact us they can list email addresses and direct phone numbers to key personnel.

Once they get this bit right, they can add fancy gadgets like Google maps to the venues, weather forcasts etc, facebook and Twitter links etc.

Dear Hub Admin

Please see business opportunity above. You are heading in the right direction, just keep going.

Kind regards,

Hubber

Have a look on CyclingSA's event calender - http://csams.cyclingsa.com/event-calendar.aspx

FORTHCOMING EVENTS: DECEMBER & JANUARY

Sun 4 Dec: Die Burger Fietstoer – entries open

Sun 11 Dec: PPA “Heels on Wheels” presented by Shape magazine – entries open until 1 Dec!

Sun 8 Jan: Olympic Cycles/ Pres Les/ Foord Asset “Journey 4 Sight ‘n Service”

Sun 15 Jan: Tour de PPA

Sun 22 Jan: Cycle Lab Cape Cobra Challenge – entries open

Sun 22 Jan: Bouckheart Soenen Funride & MTB

===

On the CSA calendar, these two events do not clash... :huh:

Service”

Sun 15 Jan: Tour de PPA

Sun 22 Jan: Cycle Lab Cape Cobra Challenge – entries open

Sun 22 Jan: Bouckheart Soenen Funride & MTB

===

On the CSA calendar, these two events do not clash... :huh: