New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoo Hoo - made it from G to D this year! Hopefully can stay in D next year :-)

Congrats!

Up from S to P this year thanks to decent Tour de PPA, and despite walking on Vissershoek I got same ride index for the 99er, so also very happy with progress. Hopefully be aimimg for K or L next year. Might do the Wellington Lions ride though and see if I can sneak one more group this year.

PPA seeding is confused. I have still not ridden a race this year and my road seeding has gone from B to J to C to K and my MTB from B to K now to D. WTF??

Mine has also jumped around.

I went from E to D and now down to G

I will just hang onto my E number for now.

Congrats!

Up from S to P this year thanks to decent Tour de PPA, and despite walking on Vissershoek I got same ride index for the 99er, so also very happy with progress. Hopefully be aimimg for K or L next year. Might do the Wellington Lions ride though and see if I can sneak one more group this year.

Well done!

on Vissershok....... I might have gone up faster if I had dismounted and walked :eek: :whistling:

Well done!

on Vissershok....... I might have gone up faster if I had dismounted and walked :eek: :whistling:

Cheers - couple of guys came past while I was having my nice stroll. One friendly oke on a lovely Cervelo carbon threw me some kind words of encouragement to join him but the legs were gone. I'm gonna swap my 12-25 rear with an 11-28 for the 9er next year, see if I can keep spinning over that first steep bit.

Nice one DD!

As far as I can remember, I started in G for Spring and am now in B :thumbup: (had to back a few emails to see what my seeding was at in July '11)

My seeding is up to K from N. Slowly making progress. Now just to decide whether or not to upgrade. Only have one race left before the Argus. hmmmmm....

D for DD

Lekka!!

Well, it seems PPA is getting it wrong again. Two MTB events in 2012 is taken into account for my road seeding, but not my MTB seeding. And for the one event, the winning time was adjusted from 2:04 to 1:22. Really, are they just not trying?

Well, it seems PPA is getting it wrong again. Two MTB events in 2012 is taken into account for my road seeding, but not my MTB seeding. And for the one event, the winning time was adjusted from 2:04 to 1:22. Really, are they just not trying?

Maybe the turnout didn't have the real hardcore MTB'ers and that is why the winner's time has been adjusted so drastically..... I dunno.

Bollocks. I have not done a race after the Tour De PPA to affect my seeding, but it got even worse with the last seeding run. With the previous run I dropped straight from G to I, (did not even touch H)

Without doing any Mtb races, my seeding dropped from MC to ME.

How do they do it?

Edited by Wannabe

Bollocks. I have not done a race after the Tour De PPA to affect my seeding, but it got even worse with the last seeding run. With the previous run I dropped straight from G to I, (did not even touch H)

Without doing any Mtb races, my seeding dropped from MC to ME.

How do they do it?

Remember that they now add 1% to events older than 3 months, so they would be adding 9% to last years argus time for example.

Also ... in the previous run, they forgot to age the old events, so many seedings improved dramatically if you had good times from a few months ago. In the latest run, they have remembered to age the older events again :wacko:

The mtb seeding is not going to take place now until after the Argus, so that the Argus mtb can be added as well.

Kind Regards

This is the email i got from them???

Remember that they now add 1% to events older than 3 months, so they would be adding 9% to last years argus time for example.

Also ... in the previous run, they forgot to age the old events, so many seedings improved dramatically if you had good times from a few months ago. In the latest run, they have remembered to age the older events again :wacko:

Dunno what I'm worried about seeding for, anyway. Argus will be my last "serious" ride for the foreseeable future. Will only be riding for the fun of it, so my seeding comes Argus 2013 will probably be at Z. Plan to do at least a 5hr Argus then.

It's times like these that I really miss Marius on the Hub. These seeding threads aren't quite the same without him...