Is my light kaput(sky)?

RodTi

Hello Hubbers....

Bought a torch on super-special a few months back... At the price, the advice was that even if it only lasts a year, it is worth it...

Now a serious of progressively more lingering njuries have been keeping me off the bike for far too long... But the things are slowly looking on the up.The point being, that as ashamed as I am to admit it, the torch has yet to be tested on a bike in anger - and has been relegated to use around the braai area, to blind some mates...:P

So... Planned to use it a few mornings back, for the 1st time on the bike - charged the battery, and when the light on the charger went from red to green - I unplugged the charger, plugged in the lamp, hit the (now glowing-green) switch on back......, and zip.

Three times of light-giving life, and now nothing.

Is that it - or can these be repaired? Any thoughts?

Oh - will pop up a pic in a bit...

post-1360-0-29845600-1323287551.jpg

1323289214[/url]' post='1546176']

Batteries stored with no charge do not last...

Ah... Guess that could be it? Didn't realise the battery would need to be kept charged? Battery seems to be working though - when I connect the charger to the battery, without the charger plug being plugged into the mains - its little light that is usually red, turns green - which suggests its getting juice from the battery, no?

mine did the same, those cheap copies from cwc?

What your people still dont get is that all these lights, Magicshine, magiclight, whatever are all cheap nasty copies of the Tesla. Then you get the copy of the copy of the copy and so on.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/lupine-tesla-4

Edited by fastbike

How long did it lay around without being charged? Usually, even if you do nothing with a rechargable torch, you will have to keep the batteries charged up. Can you not open it and just replace the batteries?

There is a dude heeer in Stellenbosch that deals with them...maybe he can provide some info? He's got the elec eengeneering background as well...

His Hub name escaped me for now....will get back to you...

Depends on the type of battery. Some must be stored completely discharged (NiCad), others partially charged at 50% of so (NiMh) or if my memory serves me correct Lipo must be stored fully charged.

Best is to read the instructions.

Edited by Eugene

There is a dude heeer in Stellenbosch that deals with them...maybe he can provide some info? He's got the elec eengeneering background as well...

His Hub name escaped me for now....will get back to you...

Hannes Zietsman :thumbup:

It might also be your charger that is faulty. I had a similar issue before.

Charged the light but never go to full charge. Took the whole thing to Hannes. He tested the light and battery and found no issues. Tested the charger and it wasn't charging.

New charger from Hannes is quite cheap - http://www.thehubsa....annes-zietsman/

Thanks Tiny!

Will drop him a pm.

Was pretty much an impulse buy - so did zip research before or after... Never even crossed my mind to check what battery it had - mind boggles at having to keep something charged regardless of whether or not it gets used... rolleyes.gif

Wait - cheap cheap is what I keep hearing in the background of my mind.... smile.gif

But then thinking about it a bit more - so is it possible for the battery to charge sufficiently to "light-up"the green button on the back of the lamp, but not enough for the lamp to actually light-up?