Bike Dreams!

Wilfred

Hey Guys

What to do???

I've dropped the price on my XTC down to R11.5K only four weeks old, but want to shift it!

I've got bike fever!

I am now going to upgrade to a full suspension bike, the problem is there are so many options! I've been looking at the following, my thinking is I will keep this upgrade hopefully for alot longer than four weeks, ha ha more like a couple of years. That is why I dont want to make the same mistake as I did with the XTC, not that there is anything wrong with the bike, its a great ride I just want something more.

Here is my short list, please give me some pointers and opions regarding the list.

Cannondale Scalpel

Santa Cruz Tallboy

Specialized Stumpjumper

Epic

Camber

????????????

Cheers

Hey Guys

What to do???

I've dropped the price on my XTC down to R11.5K only four weeks old, but want to shift it!

I've got bike fever!

I am now going to upgrade to a full suspension bike, the problem is there are so many options! I've been looking at the following, my thinking is I will keep this upgrade hopefully for alot longer than four weeks, ha ha more like a couple of years. That is why I dont want to make the same mistake as I did with the XTC, not that there is anything wrong with the bike, its a great ride I just want something more.

Here is my short list, please give me some pointers and opions regarding the list.

Cannondale Scalpel

Santa Cruz Tallboy

Specialized Stumpjumper

Epic

Camber

????????????

Cheers

Cannondale Scalpel = XC / Stage Race

Santa Cruz Tallboy = XC / Stage Race

Specialized Stumpjumper (FSR or Hardtail version????)

Epic = XC / Marathon / Stage Race

Camber = NO, dont go there

Out of those the Epic (29er) is most probably the best stage race xc bike available today.

I'd personally take the Tallboy because it's different in a good way.

There are at least 10 more good options such as Niner, Turner, Scott -- all depends on your absolute budget, riding style and personal preference.

If your spending more than R35k then build a custom spec bike by sourcing each item to your own spec online, cwc, crc, probikeshop, etc.

I really would not mind a connondale scalpel or flash. I dont see it in my christmas stocking so i guess its not in the cards now :(

Cannondale, just coz it is.

The new momsen range is realy great,They come race ready spect.they only choice you need to make is the colour.Even their own momsen saddle impressed me

The new momsen range is realy great,They come race ready spect.they only choice you need to make is the colour.Even their own momsen saddle impressed me

True, Momsens are quite cool.

But for me, Cannondale, they're always the 1st, the other just follow like little sheep.