Question to all the men

headhunter2000

if i was your wife i will trian my guts out just to kick your plonker arse :angry:

Someone who knows these people, please get this to the wife! :D:clap: Great Cjokkits :clap:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're doing an early ride to stellenbosh and back on Christmas morning. No heavy uphills or downhills. I'll let her ride in front.

Jees, dude. If your conversation on the bike is in any way as condescending as your tone in this here post, I don't blame your wife for wanting to klap you stukkend.

You'll let her ride in front. Pah! You just carry on digging yourself deeper, pal.

I think it all boils down to your motivation of cycling together.

I cycle with my wife and enjoy it lots. I am currently stronger than her, but on the uphills i hover close to her not going more than 15 meters away from her either doing high cadence or heavier gears to stay close . On the single track i will go ahead and then she follows my line and growing in confidence and therefore we can go faster and faster. We even do races together as our own "team" sticking together all the way. For me its being with her and enjoying the ride with each other that is most important.

We both stopped cycling for over 10 years and are now getting back into it therefore our fitness levels are not to good, but slowly together we are getting there - together. The advantage in our side is that we both started from a relatively unfit level and are building it up together.

My advice would be to talk about what the other spouse "wants form the ride" and if you the stronger one then to scale down to their pace and make sure that they enjoy and grow in the sport. If you do not get what you need from that ride get a riding partner for the other days and burn you muscles there. Creating tension on the sports field might make life difficult at home as well.

Pick a gear at the start of the ride and single gear the whole ride with your wife. Find a gear so that you have a high cadence on the flats and challenging enough for the uphills. It balances out nicely and you will still get a workout.

My wife is superfast uphills but slowish on singletrack and DH thus we nearly always end up finishing the same time after a race and enjoying a beer together. On Casual rides we ride side-by-side and just try to enjoy the training. My opinion is to try and ride terrain that suits both of your riding styles thus giving both a chance to ride his or her speed.

I'm shocked. :o SHOCKED! :o Are Hubbers advocating riding side-by-side for a change? :o

:clap:, but but but ...... ok no but(t)

All I can say is, be glad your wife is not as strong as one of my friends wive's on a bike..... because then she would hurt your ego big time!

I ride tandem with my wife and have just built her a road bike of her own, and she is getting faster in a hurry! Hopefully my ego can handle it if she starts to give me a hiding!

The couple I mentioned above had to start riding tandem becuase they were getting way to competitive with each other on the single bikes. In this case, the tandem was a marriage saver.

I must say that my Mrs and I enjoy the tandem too, AND worst case scenario, if the Mrs isnt that strong, it will make you much stronger on the single bike.

I cycle with my wife all the time. Only commute on my own.

Now I have a bit of a problem. It's all fun and games till she takes a bail. I took her to the airport route on Sunday, she took a nasty bail and now has her knee in a bandage. To make matters worse a girl that took the Japanese garden route with me also bailed on Sunday, had to get my car all the way up to the track to get her out. 6 stiches!

I am not saying my wife can't do what I can, We are going to start diving together in Jan. Only thing that gets to me is when she gets hurt like that and there is nothing you can do.

aaaaaa...the divorce bike ;-0

Het jou sussie jou ge-divorce?

Tandemmimg is real fun, if it worx for you, but either you ride straight into a second honeymoon or straight through the divorce court.

If I ride with my girlfriend I put big blade and high gear and grind up the hill slowly with her. I concentrate on improving my pedalling technique like this. Dunno if it does but it makes a small climb tough enough that I battle to stay with her.