KenG

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe a silly question

is there road access to the top, im a lazy rider :cursing:

yess Geecee there is - see the attached image access is shown in blue - AND Giba even have a shuttle service ... when you go there ask at the reception area for the shuttle service and ask for Richard (hes the driver ...)! IF hes around he can shuttle you to the top for R15 per SHUTTLE Trip .... not per rider - so if you have 3 guys and you can find him ... a trip to the top will cost you 5 bucks each. Or if hes not around you can shuttle yourselves you just need a driver. The roads steep at one spot but i get up in my Corsa Bakkie with 5 guys and 5 bikes so its fine

post-16861-0-55167200-1327051820.jpg

Edited by nigelhicks

sweeet i think ill be there this weekend/ :clap:

we have a 4x4 anyway so not too stressed about that, either that or a corsa bakkie.

amped!

ok these are the start of the trail and then the top of the access - we shuttle up the road that goes across the river and past the horse place and bootcamp - up the hill past world changers academy ... at the top on the tar you turn right and drive up to Canyon Quarry entrance - offload here and the trailhead is 20m up the road from here

post-16861-0-79939400-1327053696.jpg

post-16861-0-78749500-1327053709.jpg

Hi Nigel,

I spoke to Jason this arvo about plans to organise a trail build day, and he seems to be cool with it. The good news is that the mate that I mentioned that has a plant hire business, has just started MTBing and was with me today at Giba for his first ride and was super stoked with the place, and says he is keen to get involved. I will speak to him again on Sunday when I take him to Holla, and sort out prices etc. It seems he is cheaper then the guys you have been using currently, it could be that we get it for free, and just pay for the driver and fuel :clap: , I can't promise that( I'm holding thumbs for it though)

He was saying to me his Bobcat driver is awesome, and extremely good at what he does. We just need to organise dates etc.

bleak i didnt make it there this weekend, lets hope next weekend happens

So what did you think of the new Blue/ Bizhub route?

Bleak.. :(

Last minute change of plan. Went and did timed laps local.....

Race next weekend. Will have to make another plan. Hopefully it will be nicely compacted by then. :w00t:

Hi Nigel,

I spoke to Jason this arvo about plans to organise a trail build day, and he seems to be cool with it. The good news is that the mate that I mentioned that has a plant hire business, has just started MTBing and was with me today at Giba for his first ride and was super stoked with the place, and says he is keen to get involved. I will speak to him again on Sunday when I take him to Holla, and sort out prices etc. It seems he is cheaper then the guys you have been using currently, it could be that we get it for free, and just pay for the driver and fuel :clap: , I can't promise that( I'm holding thumbs for it though)

He was saying to me his Bobcat driver is awesome, and extremely good at what he does. We just need to organise dates etc.

Dude thats awesome. Shot for taking the initiative ... let me know on the pricing and we can make a plan.

Dude thats awesome. Shot for taking the initiative ... let me know on the pricing and we can make a plan.

All good, not having the wife with me at the moment, is giving me plenty of time for cycling related activities. If you can also just chat to Jason, and confirm with him its all cool, maybe have a meeting with him Wednesday arvo at Giba?

I did not get to ride yesterday, as I did my foot in bodyboarding on Sunday morning. I will confirm details with him this week.

caerus, learn to stand man :eek: hahaha, had some fun surf on the south coast sat and sunday, burnt to a crisp tho

and as for riding slowly, those uphills are stupidly steep. i cant even get up in granny gear in cruise mode :thumbdown:

All good, not having the wife with me at the moment, is giving me plenty of time for cycling related activities. If you can also just chat to Jason, and confirm with him its all cool, maybe have a meeting with him Wednesday arvo at Giba?

Wed is out unfortunately as im in jhb for meetings all day and will land late. ... but we can make a plan next week. I also need to get up onto gtravity again ASAP and remove that one jump and lengthen the other. Now that its packed in the jumps are actually to short.