sram on shimano freebody

Kriek

Bought a new sram cassette for my training wheels (easton slx90) but does not fit.Apparently the deep splines of the shimano dura ace body will not work with sram, can I replace the body with another body to work with the sram cassette??

Edited by Kriek

is there a way that you can get a sram cluster to fit on a shimano freebody

this is on easton wheels R4

Edited by berry

They are compatible (although there was another recent thread claiming they aren't). Just fiddle and they should fit. It is acase of getting the keys to line up properly.

Sram cant go into a dura ace freebody but shimano will fit a sram body

Huh? SRAM body=Shimano body, Same thing, that is why the only options on wheels are still Campy or Shimano, because SRAM is exactly the same as Shimano. Same holds for mtb.

Huh? SRAM body=Shimano body, Same thing, that is why the only options on wheels are still Campy or Shimano, because SRAM is exactly the same as Shimano. Same holds for mtb.

WRONG! dura ace 7900 uses deeper splines almost like campy hence you cant fit sram or even older dura ace or ultegra on it. i can upload a pic if you want?

I've got Shimano 7800, 7900 and Sram Red (Plus a Record 10 gruppo), I have been swapping the Shimano & SRAM cassettes out between 3 road wheelsets, no problems so far.

Edited by Christie