ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

All the best to the Trans Baviaans riders, travel safe & have a great ride! :clap: :clap: :clap:

post-16745-0-17846700-1345103982.jpg

Edited by ASG

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ek gaan maar met my lig op dim ry. net een battery. :oops:

Die ligte is fine, dis die batteries in my bene wat my pla.

For all the Experienced Trans riders, what will be a good time to get to check 3 to avoid going up and down Bergplaas in total darkness. thinking if you maintain a ave speed of 23-28km/h one should be fine. If someone can give a guidline this will be great help, Thanks

<p>

For all the Experienced Trans riders, what will be a good time to get to check 3 to avoid going up and down Bergplaas in total darkness. thinking if you maintain a ave speed of 23-28km/h one should be fine. If someone can give a guidline this will be great help, Thanks

Edited by Wil6

Sorry misread your post,will give you a split time calculator that would help

Thanks that will be great.

Can't upload an excel file so pm me your email address and I will send the split time calculator to you if it's before 4 today.

Edited by Wil6

If you get to CP 3 by around 4 you should be able to get up and over BergPlaas before dark - provided there is no faffing at the top.

If you get to CP 3 by around 4 you should be able to get up and over BergPlaas before dark - provided there is no faffing at the top.

You can add 45 minutes to expected time due to all the water on the route.Only water after Bergplaas is at Never Ender.

You can add 45 minutes to expected time due to all the water on the route.Only water after Bergplaas is at Never Ender.

45 minutes? The water going to slow us down that much? Leopard crawling all the water crossings will still only take about 10 minutes extra...

What do you know that we don't???? :eek:

Ride wanted! Hey all hubbers - I entered a team months ago but my partner for the Trans Baviaans has pulled out of the race tonight due to illness. Even if I was brave or mad enough to attempt this on my own the race organisers have told me they will not allow me to ride solo. I am desperately in need of a new partner or to join a team. Have already had a family holiday scheduled around this event and am already in Eastern Cape, not to mention the sunk costs and training!

My expectations were 11 to 12 hours, although I would be happy to push for 10h30 or to ride at 13 or 14 hour pace.

Also - I have a van and a support driver lined up! He is coming through tomorrow to Willowmore.

Please get back to me urgently - by 17h00 tomorrow!

Worsie (aka Alex)

Cell 082 904 1758