[Event] MTN National XCM #3 Sabie Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

I did my entry today and thought that if you do the marathon you get a discounted price for the half marathon the next day, but I paid full price. Did I mis something or was the discounted price only for last year?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how this year's profile compares to last year's?

Last year had two major climbs and was a thriller of note. It seems as though, from the profile I saw, there is only one major climb this year, is the total ascend any less?

Last year had two major climbs and was a thriller of note. It seems as though, from the profile I saw, there is only one major climb this year, is the total ascend any less?

The dreaded "Sawmill climb" of last year has been removed from this year race, however you still have to deal with the legendary "Mamba Switchbacks". The total ascent is similar to last year, but the route is slightly different.

Team Bulls are already in Sabie acclimatizing to the altitude and taking in lots of pancakes...this weekend is sure to be a cracker for the Ultra men.

Tackling the MTN Sabie Ultra/Marathon? Need assistance on route? Check out Neutral Tech Zone assistance from Epic Sports...http://advendurance.com/nationalmtbseries/sabie

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/423563_10150563396772584_82494432583_8948890_454546227_n.jpg

The dreaded "Sawmill climb" of last year has been removed from this year race, however you still have to deal with the legendary "Mamba Switchbacks". The total ascent is similar to last year, but the route is slightly different.

That was quite a climb, esp. after you have just come down from the first big climb.

I see there is a bit of climb later on but at least we get to enjoy the view a bit longer (at least those of us who are not in a rush) and lets not forget those forestry undulations towards the end, where many a sense of humour has been lost.

Any recommendations on tubeless tire pressure for a weight of about 65kg? Help will be appreciated =)

i am 80 Kgs and ride at 1800, so go less that that...

Doing 22psi back 20psi front, with Ikon Racing ralph combo.

Really? How much do you weigh? Unless I'm mistaken that's about 1.3 and 1.5 bar. That's pretty low.

72kg's.

When you use high profile tires in 29" format you can go even lower without having handling compromises, obviously dependant on weight.

The tires I use have 44mm of sidewall.

15psi = 1Bar.

Edited by Dubber88

Can anyone give us feedback on the current conditions of the track etc? Mud tyres required? From the weather forecast it looks like it will be dryish?

Can anyone give us feedback on the current conditions of the track etc? Mud tyres required? From the weather forecast it looks like it will be dryish?

Would also like to know..

We rode the last 20km of the Marathon route today...It rained hard yesterday afternoon and was overcast all day today so there are still lots of puddles, and the singletracks are a bit slippery, but the route is great!

The weather looks to be clearing up by tomorrow, so the route should be 100% by race day!

I will keep you all updated from tomorrow on twitter. Follow me on @Tim_Fair or @mtnnationalmtb

Edited by Tim_Fair