how to wash cycling clothing

Ramrod

In a bucket with cold water and Omo over night then in the machine and on the line. This way i find my kit stays clean and fresh.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in summer i just jump in the pool with all riding kit.the creapy then sucks up the mud from the camelback and shoes.a beer tastes good while the clothes are being hth-ed.dry.gif

Have any of you had to wash your camelbak? Any tips?

Same as for clothes in the clod water with OMO and soak. In the machine with out anything else or the straps tend to trap the clothes and cause damage or place it in a pillow case which works quite well. I used to do this quite often when i was using a camelbak as there is nothing worse than a smell following you on the trails. Just remember to remove your cell phone from the pocket before submerging as the cell phone does't do well with the above.

Same as for clothes in the clod water with OMO and soak. In the machine with out anything else or the straps tend to trap the clothes and cause damage or place it in a pillow case which works quite well. I used to do this quite often when i was using a camelbak as there is nothing worse than a smell following you on the trails. Just remember to remove your cell phone from the pocket before submerging as the cell phone does't do well with the above.

Unless he means the plastic sac thing inside the camelbag. You know, the one the juice goes in?

I spray the armpits of TinyK's cycling tops (and T-shirts and Shirts and even vests) with Fabric Fresh.

Then it goes with all the other clothing and cycling kit into the machine with normal washing powder and NO stasoft, but instead a cap or 2 Lavender Detol where the fabric softner goes (and if there's very bad socks I might add a dash of Fabric Fresh to the general load area too)

I once got great advice off the Hub (think it was brundson...) about cleaning those pongy /sweaty gloves....

soak in a bit of baking soda 9sodium bicarbonate = the stuff you also put in your refrigerator to remove smells)....works like a bomb!!

it is also VERY mild as in will not destroy the fabric....

use it, don't use it...

my 2c worth!

I spray the armpits of TinyK's cycling tops (and T-shirts and Shirts and even vests) with Fabric Fresh.

Then it goes with all the other clothing and cycling kit into the machine with normal washing powder and NO stasoft, but instead a cap or 2 Lavender Detol where the fabric softner goes (and if there's very bad socks I might add a dash of Fabric Fresh to the general load area too)

There ya go...

:thumbup: