Bike Setup - ErgoFIT vs BG FIT vs Bike Shop

Caerus

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got mine :) Caerus im sure they will get to it or just send a gentle reminder, Renay was even nice enough to help me out with my new bike choice. I sent him a list of the possibilities im looking at, with the geometry specs and asked his opinion on correct sizing according to my stats. And even though he did not need to respond and in truth I didnt expect him to respond, he came back to me on the same day with his recommendations on all three bikes i sent him.

That said after the changes made on my bike by Renay and his Ergofit, Im enjoying the bike so much and the ride is just so much nicer.

Thanks Renay .. Big up :clap: :thumbup:

Doc, having done an ergofit at two places, I was nowhere near to understanding what size MTB I should be riding.

I currently ride a medium Giant Anthem Team (26 inch) and went to my LBS for a measurement. I was told that I should be riding a large (yes, they had one at the time). I then went to the Sports Science Institute and was told that my bike size is correct... It appears I'm on the border of M/L but to quote the LBS, "you're def a large, might even be x-large"....

Is one able to look at the measurements, check the bike's geometry and then say whether you're best suited for a particular size?

Its all about the top tube length and your specific reach, if we folllow standard practice and all the generalized size charts from the manufacturers i fall solidly into a large on 99.9% of bikes, after going for my fitment it came to light i have a fairly lengthy torso and on the Giant Anthem X i have i should actually be riding a XL. So my body length indicates a large in reality on some bikes i require an XL. And no bike shop will be able to give you this level of correct information so they can't be blamed.

They simply follow the recommended settings as per the manufacturer. Luckally there are always options to either increase or decrease your stem for a better fit. Not perfect by any measure but it helps.

Does anyone do ErgoFIT setups in Gauteng?

Maybe call the Durban guy, Gareth his number is on here I posted earlier, maybe they could help.

You can have an ErgoFiT done at Design in motion cycles in Morningside or at Active Physio in Alberton.

CYCLELAB Fourways will be up and running in a few weeks too.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been to ErgoFiT with Renay. It's changed my cycling forever. I had chronic back pain (weakest link) on all rides for many years. After a quick fitting everything has changed. Best money I've ever spent on a cycling related product. I never bothered doing a Specialized fitting as I just couldn't believe that the person administering what is potentially a 4 hour fit had the expertise to work those machines properly.

Thanks Renay and Jeroen.

• 1 month later...

Went for my Ergo...

Lots of tweaks to my fiets.

Struggled a bit for a few rides with some aches and pains.

Now settling into this new position, nicely.

Only bit left is to move from 175 to 172mm in crank length.

Went for my Ergo...

Lots of tweaks to my fiets.

Struggled a bit for a few rides with some aches and pains.

Now settling into this new position, nicely.

Only bit left is to move from 175 to 172mm in crank length.

Nice, will they need to make some more adjustments with the new crank lenghts?

Just been for ErgoFit at Design-in-Motion. Nice guys, made some fairly radical changes to my bike - seat lower by about 3cm, back by nearly the same. Need a riser stem to get the drop between bars and saddle right which they ordered today and will be there tomorrow.

So haven't ridden yet, but looking forward to it - bike was so damn uncomfortable.

Can highly recommend them.

But still no consensus on which is better... BGFit, or ErgoFIT

Not really, unless you are prepared to go to both and see what differences come up, I think there was aperson that had been to both on this thread that left a comment.

This is the kind of stuff that should be reviewed independently in a cycling magazine.

I also did the ErgoFit with Design-in-Motion. Made a small adjustment to the seat position, but basically confirmed the existing settings on the bike. Worthwhile, in my view

Archived