no helmet

chucky

why is it that Gary Beneke and co insist on riding to durban,and in and around the coast with no helmet.Surely they should be setting an example for the rest of us,besides I think it it is just plain stupid

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Example for the rest of us?! Oh....gary rides without a helmet...no way that I'm taking mine on holiday. Its a personal choice..and his wont influence mine. Let him be.

Wel you are as thick as he is,,,dont come crying  and looking for sympathy when you are lying in ICU,and by the way it is ILLEGAL to ride without a helmet.STUPID

I always ride with mine. But I cant see how his helmetless riding can influence anyone into riding without theirs.

No helmet, no ride, went training with the Chem Spec guys yesterday, and one of the younger guys had a very bad crash, Jason Bakke, his hands slipped off the handlebar and he landed on his back, Richie Baxter also went over his bars and almost landed on his head!

No one plans to crash, even if you are pro and ride every day!

Gary should know that!

Wel you are as thick as he is' date=',,dont come crying  and looking for sympathy when you are lying in ICU,and by the way it is ILLEGAL to ride without a helmet.STUPID[/quote']

Toutchy, Toutchy!!!Big%20smile

I am surprised, I often see Gary and Mark riding around and I have never seen them without a helmet.

Are you sure it was Gary and co?

Sorry, but it is illegal to ride without a helmet.

So if cyclists continually break the law then how can they then turn round and say but the car was breaking the law by riding in emergency lane, not stopping at a stop street etc.

If a car skips a stop street and hits me while I'm cycling on the road helmetless, the the car driver could always say "he shouldn't have been on the road and then there wouldn't have been an accident.

Who is right and who is wrong??

Say I'm being silly, but that's the way it is according to the law ........ not me!

Cycling SA should take a stance on this. Surely it wouldn't be difficult to refuse someone a license because they brought the sport into disrepute by not wearing a helmet (breaking a rule of the road) whilst out on a training ride.