Can this be repaired and by WHO??

Neg

so my Anthem got damaged yesterday..... wondering if it can be repaired tube tube is horribly bent....?? if yes, who is the BEST person for the job???

and what are the Negatives of getting it repaired?

Edited by Neg VT

you can fix it. With one hand. But it means having to reach into your pocket first.

what happened to the poor thing?

ok... so what are the negatives....?? and who is the best person, ive tried to search but haven't found a name yet... i did come across a thread about this one guy who BS two guys into thinking he could fix the frame and used body putty... im a big guy and my bike needs to be solid... i don't need a weak point as it will break there... :(

WRT to what happened.... well lets just say it involved a Land Cruiser, a bike rack and a 60year old 40foot high palm tree.... :(

not original owner, i bought the frame second hand.... :(

and do warranties cover accident whilst not riding?? :(

Edited by Neg VT

if you can get the original proof of purchase, that will qualify you as original owner.. worth a try. I would not continue to ride it in that condition, especially as paint is cracking off, seems to be severely stressed.

"a Land Cruiser, a bike rack and a 60year old 40foot high palm tree"

You mean you couldn't see the bike rack?

if you can get the original proof of purchase, that will qualify you as original owner.. worth a try. I would not continue to ride it in that condition, especially as paint is cracking off, seems to be severely stressed.

"a Land Cruiser, a bike rack and a 60year old 40foot high palm tree"

You mean you couldn't see the bike rack?

Or the tree! Personally, and I am no expert, I would scrap that frame. If you are a big lad I wouldn't take that risk even if it gets some repair work done on it, but its hard to judge the extent of the damage from the photos.

Or the tree! Personally, and I am no expert, I would scrap that frame. If you are a big lad I wouldn't take that risk even if it gets some repair work done on it, but its hard to judge the extent of the damage from the photos.

There is no fixing that, any heat on that tube will render the area around the work just as weak as the damage itself.

Insurance..

hope youre insured bru!if you are claim for a new frame.wouldnt ride that frame in that condition,especially if you say you are a big dude.hope you come right

ok... so what are the negatives....?? and who is the best person, ive tried to search but haven't found a name yet... i did come across a thread about this one guy who BS two guys into thinking he could fix the frame and used body putty... im a big guy and my bike needs to be solid... i don't need a weak point as it will break there... :(

WRT to what happened.... well lets just say it involved a Land Cruiser, a bike rack and a 60year old 40foot high palm tree.... :(

Please elaborate a bit more :whistling: . No insurance? I'm not sure the original proof of purchase applies to the 2nd owner, I could be wrong and as Pain or Shine mentioned it may be worth a try.

well, i drove into my driveway, my parking spot (as there as a number of cars in my driveway) no, not a complex but it it complicated, and there was a car parked in my usual turning point, a friend of my cousin was visiting, so i went very close to the tree and when i turned the rear wheel on the rack hooked the tree and bent the sh*t out of everything! i completely forgot the bike was on the back...... i went pale and wanted to vomit!

about the insurance... was in the process of getting it done but was waiting for a replacement quote from last week.....

Edited by Neg VT

Even if he was the first owner, I don't think the warranty would cover it in this instance.

I hope you have insurance

you can fix it. With one hand. But it means having to reach into your pocket first.

what happened to the poor thing?

who would be the person/people to speak to Capricorn???

about the insurance... was in the process of getting it done but was waiting for a replacement quote from last week..... so no... no insurance.... :(

hmm, this happened to me once over a weekend, a truck hooked my wheel in the time I was arranging cover. On the Monday I faxed the forms and cover was granted and the wheel was replaced. One or two other cases have shown up on the Hub of similar type. You should continue the insurance process and see what comes of it.. i don't know the legality, but in my case, they understood that I was in the process of getting cover.

Edited by Pain or Shine