Jonkershoek - maintenance issues!

flashcannon

See, Duane, you can ride that trail now but you better be bloody thankful! I put my rep on the line with both Botes AND the other users.. Did not see that coming, not.. Same would have happened if I had started with the XC.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I'm gonna get all philosophical here.

I think there's a reason xc guys generally don't get involved in trail maintenance and dh guys do.

This is a generalization.

Downhillers tend to come from dirt jumping and bmx. dj'ers and bmx youngsters build their own trails and know the effort it takes to maintain and build trails. In fact most dj trails have a no build no ride policy.

XC guys tend to be ex roadies so trail maintenance is not thought for them.

Like i said this is a generalization. No offense is intended. It's just an opinion.

Guest Omega Man

See, Duane, you can ride that trail now but you better be bloody thankful! I put my rep on the line with both Botes AND the other users.. Did not see that coming, not.. Same would have happened if I had started with the XC.

Which trail? The one below the gulley?

Very true Duane! But sadly you will be crucified for making a statement like that!

I'm gonna get all philosophical here.

I think there's a reason xc guys generally don't get involved in trail maintenance and dh guys do.

This is a generalization.

Downhillers tend to come from dirt jumping and bmx. dj'ers and bmx youngsters build their own trails and know the effort it takes to maintain and build trails. In fact most dj trails have a no build no ride policy.

XC guys tend to be ex roadies so trail maintenance is not thought for them.

Like i said this is a generalization. No offense is intended. It's just an opinion.

No, everything before that.. Making reference to what was said in the Fred

Which trail? The one below the gulley?

Edited by Pain or Shine

Guest Omega Man

No, everything before that.. Making reference to what was said in the Fred

Ah. Yes.

Just so everyone knows, this DH is being toted as supercool by internationals. Wish everybody could ride DH just to experience it..

Very true Duane! But sadly you will be crucified for making a statement like that!

Yes he could since 99% of the cross country chaps i know never owned a roadbike.

It can also be said that the XC guys are more organized in their club structures and they have clubs that build and maintain the trails for them so they dont have to spend their weekends with a shovel in their hands but rather on the bikes where they belong.

It can also be said that XC guys have been intellegent enough to move off goverment owned land onto private land to get rid of this so called red tape and have found a financially viable solution not only for the clubs and riders but the land owners as well.

But hey, then again i could get crucified for saying the above, whats a Friday without a good hub roasting.

What do you do for a living Cap? Teach primary school?

Nooit, they are still slaving till 12:30.. Cap gets out of work early to stand outside the schoolgate.

Which part? Another club would be great.

Yes he could since 99% of the cross country chaps i know never owned a roadbike.

It can also be said that the XC guys are more organized in their club structures and they have clubs that build and maintain the trails for them so they dont have to spend their weekends with a shovel in their hands but rather on the bikes where they belong.

It can also be said that XC guys have been intellegent enough to move off goverment owned land onto private land to get rid of this so called red tape and have found a financially viable solution not only for the clubs and riders but the land owners as well.

But hey, then again i could get crucified for saying the above, whats a Friday without a good hub roasting.

We have a club. Its the diggers club, no subs payable and we meet regularly to dig dirt in the mountains when we should be watching rugby and drinking beer or some other manly stuff. I ride tokai cos I live there. If I lived somewhere else then it would be different. When I lived in fish hoek I had a trail on black hill. All mine! And friends who helped build it.

Yes you will!

1. I would like to see that club! Look at TBMC! What an absolute mess! They never work on the trails there. The trails on the private land is being worked on by people that ride DH who started trail building companies!

2. They are on their bikes yet they don't know how to ride a berm or a jump coz they never built one!

3. Show me private owned MOUNTAINS!!!! We like to ride mountains buddy! not jeep tracks on the flat and call it MTB!

4. Then if they are so intelligent to move off government land to private land.....why are we having this discussion?? shouldn't they be on private land then "riding" their bikes?

5. If we had half the amount of riders the XC riders have then hell you are in for a nasty surprise! Look at what a hand full of DH riders can do vs the hundreds of XC riders doing JACK!

Hey, do you know we have access to Rotary mountain in Glen Cairn. 99 year lease for a buck a year and we have Karate Blanche! This is not a joke!

Edit: Hijack off yet? Waiting for an eviction order..

Edited by Pain or Shine