Jonkershoek - maintenance issues!

flashcannon

Gap neatly taken there.

i'm glad i wasnt the only one that saw that.

Come on Covie: since when did thehub ever govern your actions, othre than group rides, weather and rugby predictions?

You well know it's an open forum and all manner of opinion will be tossed about. But how does that change the need for volunteer work at Tokai? If u have a beef with KarateMonkey, that's a personal one: why deprive everyone else of your ability to contribute a few hours of elbow grease to a worthy cause?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Covie...A community is built by riding and building together. You have never been to a build day and do not ride with the guys who build. How can you then speak about these things?

i'm glad i wasnt the only one that saw that.

Come on Covie: since when did thehub ever govern your actions, othre than group rides, weather and rugby predictions?

You well know it's an open forum and all manner of opinion will be tossed about. But how does that change the need for volunteer work at Tokai? If u have a beef with KarateMonkey, that's a personal one: why deprive everyone else of your ability to contribute a few hours of elbow grease to a worthy cause?

Cap you know me well enough mate, with you ill gladly go build trails till the blood drips from my hands. Your head and your heart is in the right place.

Opinoin on some others here will stay in reserve.

Cap you know me well enough mate, with you ill gladly go build trails till the blood drips from my hands. Your head and your heart is in the right place.

man, i wanna hug u so bad right now... :blush:

guys, just an observation: david is not here, but we kinda fighting. I think we are all in agreement that maintenance required and that volunteer services is to be cheered and acknowledged. Lets rather channel our energies into determining how best to achieve our common goals: better trails for all.

Edited by Capricorn

Phillip V . That's the best bit of advice on here. Covie, its all about having fun with likeminded people? EXACTLY !!! Why are we fighting ? Cos we have different definitions of fun? Xc is different to dh, not better or worse. And we all share most of the same trails anyway. I'm going home to get my bike to have some fun...

Anyway, this post has got nothing to do with Tokai and the DH track there. It is about Jonkershoek!

I will keep on building trails in the surrounding areas and help with maintenance in Jonkershoek even though I own a XC/DS, DH and AM bike. Getting no pay, no thank you and no status! Thats how you build community and grow a sport! Not by saying a bunch of stuff on a forum!

Attaboy... Would be good to c u on the trails, Covie

are you guys all going to be singing in little circles now ? I mean heck you all catch lifts up the hills anyway ....

dive tuck roll and hope the DH guys never find me ...

are you guys all going to be singing in little circles now ? I mean heck you all catch lifts up the hills anyway ....

dive tuck roll and hope the DH guys never find me ...

Damnit man we just achieved world peace dont spoil it now :P

Phillip V . That's the best bit of advice on here. Covie, its all about having fun with likeminded people? EXACTLY !!! Why are we fighting ? Cos we have different definitions of fun? Xc is different to dh, not better or worse. And we all share most of the same trails anyway. I'm going home to get my bike to have some fun...

im about to follow suit, my riding is a lifestyle not a hobby, its there to be enjoyed, and your quite correct and all your doing is highlighting what i've been saying, breach the divide, form a group, do what needs to be done, ride your ass off and get stupidly drunk afterwards.

Thats the way life was ment to be lived.