Bunny Hop.

Neg

I tried this at Eden/ G-Spot and landed face first still cleated in, after the back wheel clipped the log :w00t:

I would like to think I can bunny hop like this, but unfortunately I am more a "power" or "j-hop", "whatever" you call a lift the front wheel and use your cleats kind of jumper. It has however worked and has saved my bacon on both the trail and the road before.

My most memorable jump was many years ago (Think to when the Trek V frames where the bomb) I came around a corner at majic forest and had to clear a felled tree log or eat gravel.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think I can bunny hop like this, but unfortunately I am more a "power" or "j-hop", "whatever" you call a lift the front wheel and use your cleats kind of jumper. It has however worked and has saved my bacon on both the trail and the road before.

My most memorable jump was many years ago (Think to when the Trek V frames where the bomb) I came around a corner at majic forest and had to clear a felled tree log or eat gravel.

I was just glad that that no one saw it :blush: LOL.

A lot of people also confuse the bunny hop with the zap tap, which is basically just the simple move you use when doing that little hop over a curve, one wheel at a time.

Bunny hop: jumping with both wheels off the ground at the same time.

Zap tap: front wheel over first, then back wheel, but at least 1 wheel on the ground at any one time. Often used at very slow speeds (like when climbing) to get over logs, etc. or when the ledge is too high for your bunny hopping skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXRSPfdfH-A

A lot of people also confuse the bunny hop with the zap tap, which is basically just the simple move you use when doing that little hop over a curve, one wheel at a time.

Bunny hop: jumping with both wheels off the ground at the same time.

Zap tap: front wheel over first, then back wheel, but at least 1 wheel on the ground at any one time. Often used at very slow speeds (like when climbing) to get over logs, etc. or when the ledge is too high for your bunny hopping skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXRSPfdfH-A

That is the one used

no tombeej: bunny hop and zap tap is NOT the same thing. Neither is the zap tap the same as the j hop.

unlike the two_wheels_off_the_ground at the same time bunny hop, j-hop, or real bunny hop does exactly as a bunny does: front feet first, then rear legs. Same with a proper bunny hop, or j-hop: front wheel first, then rear wheel, but front wheel still up and not yet grounded. Not quite a zap tap.

no tombeej: bunny hop and zap tap is NOT the same thing. Neither is the zap tap the same as the j hop.

unlike the two_wheels_off_the_ground at the same time bunny hop, j-hop, or real bunny hop does exactly as a bunny does: front feet first, then rear legs. Same with a proper bunny hop, or j-hop: front wheel first, then rear wheel, but front wheel still up and not yet grounded. Not quite a zap tap.

Ahem.

That's exactly what I said - bunny hop is not the same as zap tap.

They are different things, as I said.