Rideable lightweight 29'er

Wyatt Earp

Here is a nice and light 29'er which can be ridden hard.

With lots of sealant, in the wheels she is at 8.1 kg's.

There is even more weight to be lost.

post-4100-0-00447400-1327579471.jpg

Edited by Dangle

Very, very nice :drool: I would love too see what those spokes look like when the wheels are turning.

Edited by Caerus

Seriously light and a sweet toy, but man it looks like an uncomfortable ride - hard head and tail.

Is it just me or does that fork not have a taprered steerer? looks a little wierd

Edited by Palaeodom

Maybe 1.2kg heavier (as pictured) but with proper front suspension. With Renegade S-Works tyres,the weight is down to about 9kg.

post-12004-0-40760600-1327581985.jpg

Ek glo nie ek sal ooit groot genoeg word nie :(

Hey Spinnekop en BigBen, julle hoef nie groot te wees om so 'n bike te ry nie, daar is kleiner sizes beskikbaar. ;)

1. How much does that fork weigh? ie, what would it weigh with a "real" fork? ;)

Bike was 9.2 kg's with supplied fork.

The Niner fork weighs 480 grams.

It's not the tapered steerer version.

The renegades will drop the bike way below 8

There is talk of 29'er tubbies on the way.

My Stumpy just need another 2kg to get there!!!!

mmmmm.....now what to saw off?.... :ph34r:

Don't saw off ... rather drill holes in the frame and components. The bike will also make a great whistling wind noise when riding.

Don't saw off ... rather drill holes in the frame and components. The bike will also make a great whistling wind noise when riding.

just not under the BB :whistling:

Anton, beautifully built bike. But you always post pics of the unattainable the ferrari's of our world. Must I start calling you Clark/Hammond/May?

I've been told of your attention to detail. My local bike builder's perfectionism makes him line up the branding of the tyre and wheel logo's perfectly so that if you use a ruler to test if they're perfectly aligned, you'll find that it's true. I see that you don't really do the same. Then again, I hear your builds are super.

Anton, beautifully built bike. But you always post pics of the unattainable the ferrari's of our world. Must I start calling you Clark/Hammond/May?

I've been told of your attention to detail. My local bike builder's perfectionism makes him line up the branding of the tyre and wheel logo's perfectly so that if you use a ruler to test if they're perfectly aligned, you'll find that it's true. I see that you don't really do the same. Then again, I hear your builds are super.

And here you assuming that the tyre manufacturers have there branding spot on through various batches to measure alignment?

Who would that be?