Cape epic entry for sale

thiartc

Broke my arm over the weekend and my partner and i are selling our entry.

R35 000 - Rider change fee of R1000 per rider, selling Price R16 500 per rider

thanx

Don't want to sound mean, but you need to set your sights much, much lower. By now, entries are going for well under 20k and dropping.

I did a quick check and there are 13 cape epic entries available with most around R30 000 and the lowest at R24 000. Good luck in your sale. BTW the post should really be placed under the classifieds.

Don't want to sound mean, but you need to set your sights much, much lower. By now, entries are going for well under 20k and dropping.

I promise you nobody will buy it for that price, not this close to the epic.

Epic Office is sitting with around 35 entries they are trying to sell on behalf of others. They see no chance of selling them. The time has come to admit defeat and sell for whatever you can get.

In answer to the question, I dont see the Epic buying back entries at any price, I can confirm that they are sitting with in excess of 30 they would like to find entrants for - there is no provision in the rules as I can see it for them to purchase entries.

To clarify another issue they have their money, so I would imagine all they wish to do is make sure the field is full from the outset - it gives a better impression and if Dr Evils tweets are to be believed they should have a high enough drop-out rate after day 2 to 3 to be a bit concerned about a diminished field.

In terms of sellers hanging tough for a good deal it certainly seems to be the case, especially with the local sellers - perhaps they are right, the number of views seem to suggest that there are a lot of people sitting on the sidelines looking at the entries, but not offering at the going rate.

Similarly I indicated on another thread I was looking for an entry - not a single enquiry from a seller.

So I still think it is a sellers market with 55 odd days to go.

I do think the real losers here are the okes like thiartc - sorry about your arm - that really really sucks.

The one I cant figure out are the overseas guys offering entries now - they seem clueless as to the process and the market and I can only imagine how much a campaign from afar must cost - I think they are the ones mainly looking via the epic office and relying on that as a source of late entrants.

Finally one has to factor in the change costs, they kick up to R5000 for a team change just before the event.

Entries are already going for under 20k, I think the Seller is no longer in the pound seat.

What interests me, if someone would be honest enough to provide the info. Did the Epic in fact sell ALL of the 600 team entries in the first place?

35 odd entries have been given to the organisers to sell (that's just over 5% of the full field), there must be at least that number again for sale in the open market (another 5%).

How many "No shows" will there be?

If 10% of the field don't even start the race (very possible), does that get taken seriously by the organisers, or is this a standard number for any event and nothing to be concerned about?

The money might be in the bank for a No show team, but there are still gaps in the field which are picked up by the riders and the media.

Edited by kandui

They bought my entry back last year at price minus 10%, I had the money the next day no problem!

They bought my entry back last year at price minus 10%, I had the money the next day no problem!

Interesting Koukie - perhaps this year is different as it seems now they would not be able to sell it given the number they are sitting with at present.

Too late to give them to celebs too....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...