Emperors Palace Classic 2012 (Road Race)

Prozac

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the avg speed is correct :clap: :clap:

Wish they'd state that the race is 103km, then all this could have been avoided.

Rustenburg multisport kit on cr1 pro AL 844 , you where on the scott with thehubsa stickers on?

:thumbup: your matt black and red scott is beautiful !

Now the avg speed is correct :clap: :clap:

Wish they'd state that the race is 103km, then all this could have been avoided.

From the sounds of things it should be sorted

sorry if this is a dumb question, but where do i see average speed?

it does not show on mine ractec search

thanks

Raboebi you where on the Scott foil? Hell you where really strong and worked a lot at the front.

bloody hell Raboebi, you put the hurt on real bad! you had us hanging on for dear life a few times - i was AL921 ,cycle lab kit on the white / blue. silverback.

a big thanks to the handful of guys that were willing to work the front with us, great race!

bloody hell Raboebi, you put the hurt on real bad! you had us hanging on for dear life a few times - i was AL921 ,cycle lab kit on the white / blue. silverback.

a big thanks to the handful of guys that were willing to work the front with us, great race!

Are you looking for the guy in the Change a Life purple polka dots? That Scott Foil??

foil 20 if i remember correct ?- to be honest i dint see much above the wheels i was trying to hold onto. :blink: but yeah i remember you, great effort. makes such a difference when theres enough guys willing to work together to push the pace!

now the near death experiences with the jack-knifed truck and the slower riders from the short distance on the way back home was another story!

I have the Foil 10. I really enjoyed the ride hey... had to chase down a few early breaks and then was caught napping when that small bunch got away. oh well..... Playing in the traffic on the home stretch was a bit hairy but without a full road closure......

You need to be awake.

I was in the front of the AL group till the last turn when they went for the sprint I sat up. Worked my @ss of for a good time as I don't go for the sprint to win the group. This morning the results were correct, showing the winner of the group as 2:31:40. Just checked again and there are 10 new names from 2:27:34. How on earth is this possible? Who can one contact with regards to this error it needs to be fixed? What's right is right. I know it makes no difference to me whatsoever, but it is not a true reflection of the race.

To add the guy that supposedly won the group now seems to ave raced in two groups at the same time, well done.

Sun 05/02/2012 Emperors Palace Classic 2012 (Presented by ASG) (97km) 02:27:34 49/2170 48/1742 40/227 AL 1/152 Sun 05/02/2012 Emperors Palace Classic 2012 (Presented by ASG) (97km) 02:48:02 582/2170 520/1742 40/227 % 15/41

Both under the same name....

there was a break, you missed out just like i did... we where in the second group

the gutter was very long.... it formed 3, 4 groups...

Edited by Skaap

Alas...it was me! haha...

Imagine that if there was no challenges and it was just smooth sail - err riding and how boring the race would be... Specifically for the poor late starters - short riders who have to endure all the shouting to keep left - because of BL, CL nrs 455 - 999 etc... think that the firstplace spot is really gonna matter in the big picture.

Have to admit I was quite disapointed by the verbal outrage by some of these RACERS at these riders some younsters with there mothers who cycle for the fun and who don't understand or have the experiance what the BL, CL, DL riders have.

My little rant for today