What do you class as to technical?

leet22

got distracted on google, not sure how I landed up in skateboarding fails.. ?? Off to find a tandem drop. Don't disturb me, I'm on a mission!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya but that proper wheelie is cheating as theres only one oke on the bike! ...

@ P&S .... i remember when Gary Perkin and his crew still raced Nationals MTB here back in 1994 ... there was one of the KZN guys who raced a tandem with his bird at the nationals that were held at van stadens resort. They hit the dropoffs and everything ... so it is possible

What?! No! With his chick? Geez!

ya .... oath!!! it wasnt gary but one of the other guys ... i still have VHS vids of it from when old mutual world of endurance used to broadcast our nationals! hahahaha now thats a long time ago! hahaha

what... I want to see, not count feet!

BWaaahha haha exactly what you would expect from a long wheelbase.. !

Oh, he regained his senses in the water and started lashing.. waa, he was concussed from the slap! See the one bubble pop up before the cameraman spots an ant!

Edited by Pain or Shine

My 11 year old and me can do a decent track stand on the tandem. This weekend we're going to bunny hop!

When in Cuvango in Angola the contractor built berms diagonally accross the road. On some we had to dismount as the Tandem bottomed out but we were able to lift the front wheel on some. In Mozambique near the Revue river where we worked we went out on what I could describe as Jeep track. You never knew what to expect around the next bend and lo and behold around one the track was washed away with a lot of rokc around. We were not prepared to fall and just made use of our momentum. We survived. It was abot 1,5 m high. Near Sussendenga in Mozambique is the most beautifull gravel road that runs very close to the Cahorra Bassa Power Line. Uphills and downhills ending in a really scary descent to the Lucite river. I never knew I could still scream like a girl!!!!!!

Unfortunately I thinkthse days are gone now as I do not want another repeat of my recent hernia operation. The MTB Tandem will now be used for flat gravel routes.

Edited by eccentric1

I've heard that the Blue Route at Giba is quite technical... :whistling:

ya its got some serious mounds of sand in it that you have to ride over .... maybe we should have them taken out and have tar laid down ....

:ph34r:

ya its got some serious mounds of sand in it that you have to ride over .... maybe we should have them taken out and have tar laid down ....

Careful Nige, I have heard that tar can also be a bit rough... :whistling:

Bwah ha ha, may as well make it like the trail at Oak Valley

Hmmm too technical? Probably a one finger pull up onto a desperate sloping gaston with no feet. Wait! Wrong Forum! I Hate tight hairpin turns on the side of hills (something like the angle-grinder route at the toyota cycle park). cannot get that damn thing right!

• 2 weeks later...

This Mtbiker agree with your definition of technical.

I might add that for me, personally, "technical" starts where I have to focus and concentrate on the track. In other words: Where I can no longer just ride along, letting the mind wander.

I think that defines it well!