2012 Ironman

GSNieP

I think the other way around double it and deduct 1 hour

I wish i could do that. That would mean i would do a sub 11 for the full but my run just does not allow for that

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish i could do that. That would mean i would do a sub 11 for the full but my run just does not allow for that

Try running faster :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting my training now for 2013 :)

Good luck. I'm busy putting the final big weeks in before IMSA2012.

Can anyone give me the the total ascent of the cyling route?

Looks flat . ..

It is quite fast, but not totally flat. The first 13km of each loop are a gentle(ish) uphill. 780m total ascent for the bike.

Edited by mrmed

Looks flat . ..

there is a 14k false flat 1km from the start...sucks especially if the wind starts to blow

Looks flat . ..

It's about 800m in total or about 275m a lap. The first 10km of each lap is up a long drag of a hill which is easy to maintain 30km/h up. Then there is a long gentle downhill followed by about 10km of gentle rolling and then the rest of the course is pretty much flat. The only enemy on that course could be the wind so make sure you've got a nice aero setup.

I'm starting my training now for 2013 :)

Same for me. Starting my training after the Two Oceans.

It's about 800m in total or about 275m a lap. The first 10km of each lap is up a long drag of a hill which is easy to maintain 30km/h up. Then there is a long gentle downhill followed by about 10km of gentle rolling and then the rest of the course is pretty much flat. The only enemy on that course could be the wind so make sure you've got a nice aero setup.

Thanx, that’s flat!

I easily averaged 30km/h on the 70.3 this year, what should a realistic average be for the Ironman?

Thanx, that’s flat! I easily averaged 30km/h on the 70.3 this year, what should a realistic average be for the Ironman?

That's a difficult question (an one I keep asking myself everyday).

You need to save your legs more at IM, than 70.3 (for the much longer run) so I guess a realisitic average is still around 30-32km/hr.

A question on this topic---my wife wants to do the 70.3 and then the full one in 2013. What is the best tri bars I can get for her and where do i buy it ?