2012 Ironman

GSNieP

Good luck to all of your doing Iron Man. The hard work is now done (except for race day :whistling: ). I hope to join all of you next year. Give it horns!!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Argus it was hotttt. Poured of rain for the 2Oceans and now windy for Ironman. :S

I wonder what the following week will bring for Tour Durban...hail?

@ - Metzet - hahaha, I do the same thing! I go according to which weather report I like.

Good luck! I'll be parking on my couch watching it on TV.

:)

Last year was no differrent - the weather forecast changed 10 times before race day - it ended up to be a perfect day ! Let's be positive - hope and pray that the wind stays away. :thumbup:

I don't look at the weather forecast. Nothing you can do about it in any case. It only stresses you out or give you false hope...Get up on Sunday and race what you get. Starting to get that excited/nervous feeling now...

I'll be parking on my couch watching it on TV.

I think I am a bit (actually very) overoptimistic, but will it be broadcasted live? Or maybe with a delay if we are lucky?

I think I am a bit (actually very) overoptimistic, but will it be broadcasted live? Or maybe with a delay if we are lucky?

I don't think there is much chance of them showing it live. Probably only a highlight package after a month or so, as with the 70.3 in January. You can follow updates on the Ironmanlive website: http://ironmanlive.com/updates.php?race=southafrica&year=2012

Assuming this nasty forecast holds true, at would point would the event be changed to a duathlon?

Assuming this nasty forecast holds true, at would point would the event be changed to a duathlon?

When the organisers deem it to be to dangerous to swim in the sea. It was almost on the cards for the 70.3, but luckily the weather changed in a matter of 2 days and we had perfect weather. Don't worry about the weather. It is one of the things on race day that you can not control.

Edited by ADe

When the conditions are really they bad they normally draw 10 names from a list of everyone doing the IM for the first time. Then they send these guys out on one of the swim laps before the race starts. Should 6 or more return then the race continues. If less than 6 swimmers retiurn they change it onto a Duathlon.