Some Pics of the World Cup DH

nigelhicks

Where can we get some more real info on this, like where can we watch from, where can we take pics (if at all)?

Is this where we get tickets?

http://csams.cycling...r-an-event.aspx

hey rich! .... yebo yes!!! ... thats where you buy the tickets for the event. Just click the "purchase tickets or merchandise Only link as shown below ........

MTB XC/DH World Cup

Online Entry

Purchase Tickets Or Merchandise Only

Date:
17/03/2012-18/03/2012

Province:
TBA

Entries Close:
29 Feb 2012

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your work Nige! Any relation to Dr Evil......? That really looks awesome. When are you guys planning to start riding the course?

i will add in a google image later of all spectator points - spectator paths etc. for you guys ... you can take your own happy snaps ... but if you want to get in to the closed off media-only areas to shoot you need to be accreditied with the UCI - no idea how you do that!!

cant make the jump any higher than it is as the run in is pretty flat. But going to make the catch berm a square berm so you slide into it - it wont be a rail berm thats nicely concave! Wanting it to cause some big drifts

that will be something to watch!! :)

Love your work Nige! Any relation to Dr Evil......? That really looks awesome. When are you guys planning to start riding the course?

The top of the course (Cloud 9 etc) is rideable now - should be properly finished by Friday

Haibo's catch berm will be shaped this weekend

The new tabletop section on the N3 will also be finished off this weekend

Then its just putting down granite base on the pedal and making the landing of the moneymaker steeper! (next weekends job)

Dr Evil will remain unchanged from last year!

Edited by nigelhicks

i will add in a google image later of all spectator points - spectator paths etc. for you guys ... you can take your own happy snaps ... but if you want to get in to the closed off media-only areas to shoot you need to be accreditied with the UCI - no idea how you do that!!

Too much of awesomness.

Will there be gear and goodies to buy?

Too much of awesomness.

Will there be gear and goodies to buy?

Ummm good question .... i'll have to get back to you on that one! .... im sure there will be some stands where you can buy memorabilia ... but let me send out a mail to the bosses and ask before i say yes or no!

spectator paths for the world cup track 2012 shown in blue - track is in red

remember that there will also be a spectator shuttle that you can catch to the top of the hill for a nominal fee

post-16861-0-54592900-1328701416.jpg

post-16861-0-89332400-1328701427.jpg

post-16861-0-68031900-1328701439.jpg

Edited by nigelhicks

:clap:

The pics of the camera's, is that for accredited media only or just good photo points?

Those are spectator points! .... the accredited camera positions are within the double taped areas next to the track - if you a spectator you are not allowed into the double taped zones as they are fall zones where the riders may crash ... so they saftey areas .... if you acreddited you have signed a waiver etc saying you wont sue the UCI if you get klapped by a bike ... You will only know where those areas are on the week of racing! ... but dont worry you can get some good pics from outside of the fall areas too!

You making the landing for Money Maker steeper !!!!!! :eek:

yip ...... so that its not so much of a hard impact landing