Ironman Panama 70.3

gummibear

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance Armstrong continues to look really good - he's on his way to the turnaround at the end of the Amador Causeway for the second time. Evan Docherty looks even better, though - he's only 1:15 behind Armstrong.

Lieto remains in third, followed by Cunningham in fourth.

Docherty doesn't only look good - he's feeling good, too, according to a report from the course.

Edited by Fish Eagle

Armstrong continues to look really good, but is still losing time to Docherty. Armstrong's stride has shortened a bit, but he looks good as he goes through 9 miles

Armstrong is now 55 seconds ahead of Docherty. Four miles to go ... 15 seconds/ mile. This could be close!

Richie Cunningham has now moved to third, ahead of Lieto, who is in fourth.

Edited by Fish Eagle

The gap is now down to 45 seconds. Lance Armstrong is not giving up on this - he's going for it!

Bevan Docherty was a bronze medalist in Beijing, and a sliver medalist in Athens. He has never been beaten at this distance - in his one effort he caught Dirk Bockel in the last few miles of the race. He's never been beaten at this distance!

Docherty made up 10 seconds in the last mile - that's not going to be enough! I get this feeling Lance Armstrong doesn't like to come second!

Edited by Fish Eagle

Men's Race - Run 10 Miles

1 3:25:14 24 Lance Armstron Austin TX USA

2 3:26:13 1:00 16 Bevan Docherty Santa Cruz CA NZL

3 3:27:55 2:41 5 Richie Cunningh Boulder CO AUS

4 3:28:19 3:05 1 Chris Lieto Danville CA USA

5 3:28:26 3:12 12 Romain Guillaum Montmorot FRA

6 3:28:32 3:19 4 Rasmus Henning Tuineje DOM

7 3:29:53 4:39 9 Oscar Galindez Santos ARG

8 3:30:24 5:11 7 Jesse Thomas Springfield OR USA

The gap is now down to 30 seconds. Docherty is back to getting those 15 seconds every mile. Armstrong is now struggling a bit.