Ironman Panama 70.3

gummibear

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fast. The guys who normally win IM runs around that time!

Question is how will he go on the bike. He have shown that he can swim at Xterra

Lance runs a 2:46 marathon,how is that slow?
Thats fast. The guys who normally win IM runs around that time! Question is how will he go on the bike. He have shown that he can swim at Xterra

Stand-alone marathon time can not really be compared to the marathon/run time at the end of an IRONMAN.

Will be really interesting tough!

Will the event be streamed on Ironman TV? Or will we have to make do with text/twitter updates?

Stand-alone marathon time can not really be compared to the marathon/run time at the end of an IRONMAN.

@ gummibear - ^^^ What he said!!... +2:46 standalone is quick but nothing special these days.

BTW I am a massive Armstrong fan and nothing would make me happier than to see him win Kona one day. Realistically against guys who have been running their whole lives I am not so sure he has a chance unless he can build a massive lead on the bike.

Edited by camerons

Lance is 40 years old,the fact that he can still race elite is an achievement.I would love to see him on the podium on Sunday.I don't see him winning Kona but i think he will get a top 10.

Lance is 40 years old,the fact that he can still race elite is an achievement.I would love to see him on the podium on Sunday.I don't see him winning Kona but i think he will get a top 10.

:thumbup:

@ gummibear - ^^^ What he said!!... +2:46 standalone is quick but nothing special these days.

BTW I am a massive Armstrong fan

Shhhht over here!! I got a secret I want to tell you. LA apparently doped!

Edited by Garfield2010

I think Lance will posium quite easily. Simple fact is that Lance does not race if doesn't believe he can win.

Xterra is a bit different because it is never the same route so it is hard to measure performance upfront. And it was clear that the younger guys had more wooma.

IM (and 70.3) is different and a bit easier to measure. you can easily do a 90km bike ride and 21km in one training cession (or Lance can at least). The winning times are also mostly around 04h00. Lance will not have entered if he does not believe he cannot win.

But yes, its a good test to race with Chris Lieto. Think Lance just need to stay with him on the bike. Even Ollie le Roux can outrun Lieto on a 21km.....

It's all part of the grand plan to quailify and compete in Hawaii....

Will provide some entertainment on the weekend... Uhmm pity about the time difference but still...

Go Lance*

*Regsitered to Scotty Inc.