Cyclist down on R44 near Paarl

Tiny K

Hey guys, does anyone know the cyclist that was knocked down this afternoon?

It was on the R44 at the Koel Kamers intersection (there where the turn is for the One Tonner and a few other races in the far north - that lovely long climb road).

My father in law went past at 4:20pm and saw the cyclist (bicycle as evidence) lying there with a cop car stopped for assistance. He spotted the cyclist had kit on that looks like the Metropolitan kit - blue and white.

I went past there around 5:20pm - a few more cop cars and a person covered with a blanket - only found out when I got home that it was a cyclist. :eek:

Sad part is that, for more than an hour, that person was lying there with no ambulance! :cursing:

Heal up soon dude / dudette! :thumbup:

Paramedics call the 1st hour after a medical emergency the Golden Hour I think.

Where intervention can make a massive difference...

Bump

There are 4 riders I know who occasionally wears Metropolitan kit and who could be training on the R44.

Winergy

Tiny k

Wannabe

Fanie-fiets

Anyone with information about this incident?

Bump

There are 4 riders I know who occasionally wears Metropolitan kit and who could be training on the R44.

Winergy

Tiny k

Wannabe

Fanie-fiets

There is also the guy from Cornerstone Cycles in Paarl....... he rode for Metropolitan DC team a few years back.

Bump

Winergy

Tiny k

Wannabe

Fanie-fiets

I also know a guy, Rinaldo Kruger, will check on fb quick

Sad part is that, for more than an hour, that person was lying there with no ambulance! :cursing:

Heal up soon dude / dudette! :thumbup:

Odds are he was either gone by the time the cops got there, or died with the ambulance en route, which then becomes a murder seen, and the body cannot be moved till forensics finalizes a site inspection.

Cool - might not be Metropolitan kit either - lots of kits are white and blue - Skoonpa said it looked like the kit coz I have a set.