Ride for Sight

TNT1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started with AL and finished with AL main group . . . (I think) Had a good fast race. Very Happy with my avg speed at 40,5km/h and time of 2h52 and a few seconds

Thank you to everyone involved ! ( I like this race! )

:thumbup:

Edited by Prozac

first downhill right at the start i was riding about 5th man, some dude went down not sure if he touched wheels or what tried to avoid him, i think i hit his bike went over the bars and a few others hit me, *licking the wounds today*

Think I might have been one of the guys that hit you....I was I think the 3rd one down!!Big mess getting up from that one....tried to make it back to the bunch but missed the turn off and had to turn around after the bridge. Body hurting today..bike not looking to good!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Think the Mtn guy that came down made it back.

Personally I think the guy that started the crash made a bit of an amateur mistake if you ask me.....

Results are a f%k up again.

Winner of LL bunch did a 2:12! Avg 52kph!

Also been entrants have been double counted!

Sigh...

Great race and marshalls. The public and waterpoints was very supportive. My legs also went at 10km to go and unfortunately started the journey home. EL bunch caught DL group just before Heidelberg.

Also in EL . Good ride up to Heidelberg. Just as my carefully prepared doped steak kicked in, my gears broke . I was off the bike replacing the chain a dozen times. Frustrating to see the groups pass .Still enjoyed it.

Nice race. Nice goodie bag.

Edited by Blokman

Punctured at 67km, VB were riding nicely up until then, quite sedate and not much constant attacking.

Had fun working with some AL chaps to the finish, and a strong sprint at the end.

Punctured at 67km, VB were riding nicely up until then, quite sedate and not much constant attacking.

Had fun working with some AL chaps to the finish, and a strong sprint at the end.

VB's posted faster times than VA. THAT is how BORING the VA race was.......nice chat along the ride and some tea....

Goody bag wasn't as good as last years, but still one of the better ones so no complaints there.

I did the 62km and I definitely won't be doing it again. Had to start right at the back because I dropped down from doing the long. My soul, do these people not have a brain? Do they not drive cars during the week? Do they not think about anyone else other than themselves? The majority seem to think its okay to ride in the middle of the road and bob and weave all over the place and make damn near impossible for anyone to pass them. Its not a race with full road closure so you kind have to be aware that cars want to pass and also are allowed to be there. I dunno... Some people...

Saw far too many accidents for my liking.

Marshals were awesome as were the bike marshals - but then again they always are. As were the peeps at the water table.

VB's posted faster times than VA. THAT is how BORING the VA race was.......nice chat along the ride and some tea....

Yeah, seems like VA only woke up about 500meters from the finishline.

Think I might have been one of the guys that hit you....I was I think the 3rd one down!!Big mess getting up from that one....tried to make it back to the bunch but missed the turn off and had to turn around after the bridge. Body hurting today..bike not looking to good!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Think the Mtn guy that came down made it back.

Personally I think the guy that started the crash made a bit of an amateur mistake if you ask me.....

i saw him going down, there were no potholes bottles etc...i think he clipped wheels with the lead guy,

Taking my bike to the LBS today, wish i could take my knees and wrist to the LBS for a quick fix....

i saw him going down, there were no potholes bottles etc...i think he clipped wheels with the lead guy,

Taking my bike to the LBS today, wish i could take my knees and wrist to the LBS for a quick fix....

there was a dip in the road and he lost control - possibly (probably?) not concentrating fully

incredibly slow at times - was actually surprised we averaged 41 in the end and surprised the VB's didn't go that much quicker than us

My one cleat broke in the crash so I could not even make a dash for the line. :(

I like this race and the organisation was great, a few thoughts:

- too many inexperienced / weak riders in the racing categories

- the finish (also the 94.7 finish) could do with a re-think in my opinion - they should finish the sprint on the main road. odds are these races end in a sprint and as it is, you need to take a lot of risks to be at the front. every year there are crashes and lots of near-crashes

- negative racing - perhaps hot spots / sprints / kom's could be included for all / some racing categories