Please help - Garmin users

Bos

If youve had your Garmin for more than a year then Im sure you have had this message pop up for no real reason (in picture) I cant remember which one I use to select, but that I have accidently picked the wrong one before and somehow was left with half the rides Ive done missing..

Yes I use to use sportstracks but the free version doesnt seem to support 310xt, so I use GTC and G- connect- but thats not the point..

Any one have advice on what to do without losing data?

post-1279-0-84590100-1329227753.jpg

Edited by Bos

I normally click "Keep the user profile in this program" The chances of you editing your stats on the device are slim. I have the Edge 305 and haven't lost anything... yet. I am also using Garmin Training Centre. It works for me.

Had this problem a while ago Bos, updating Garmin Trying Centre to the latest version resolved the issue.

(oh and I was testing a beta version, which also created an issue, after deleting the beta version things returned to normal)

SportTracks does support the 310XT, download the correct plugin .... sounds like you havent updated software in a while

Just checked and I have all the lastest software. Maybe your ride info needs to be saved/ backed up and then sync the two, stopping the problem from occuring. But instead it just seems easier to just click on the "keep computersetting" :whistling: I do them same :blush:

I use Garmin Connect and don't get that pop up.

I can't get GTC to work on Win7 Pro 64bit and my Edge 800 :thumbdown:

I use Garmin Connect and don't get that pop up.

I can't get GTC to work on Win7 Pro 64bit and my Edge 800 :thumbdown:

You wont get that popup in Garmin Disconnect

Garmin Trying Centre is crap, use SportTracks ... I keep telling you! (but it does work in 64bit, have it installed)

I use Win 7 64bit with GTC, and it works a charm.

I have noticed that should I go into the device menu, and exit again it gives the same pop-up.

Just select "keep the user profile in the device."

You wont get that popup in Garmin Disconnect

Garmin Trying Centre is crap, use SportTracks ... I keep telling you! (but it does work in 64bit, have it installed)

Now when you say it's crap, why is that exactly? I've just got my Garmin and am still finding my way around all the software. Whats better about SportTracks. Im running Windows XP.

Now when you say it's crap, why is that exactly? I've just got my Garmin and am still finding my way around all the software. Whats better about SportTracks. Im running Windows XP.

What exactly is crap? Everything

GTC is not user friendly

Nothing ... absolutely nothing is customizable in GTC.

If you just want some software to show you have far you have cycled, GTC will suffice.

If you really want to analyze your training, you need software that can do the job, like SportTracks.

The list why SportTracks is better, is quite long, so I wont bore you with all the detail.

You can customize just about anything in ST

There are freeware plugins available, so if you have a weird and wonderful idea, there is a developer ready to wright the plugin for you. You can compare rides, you can import and export in just about any format.

You can join rides, cut rides, you can even take photos and have them linked to that specific ride.

The training reports are awesome and you can go into so much more detail. I have training data from 2007, so I can see exactly what I did per day, week, month, year on just about every imaginable piece of information.

What got me hooked in the first place was the ability to track my equipment. I can tell you exactly how many times, hours, or km's my chain on my training bike, or cassette on the racing bike or brake pads on the mtb has been used. With photos of every piece of equipment.

Routes viewed in Google Earth satellite.

Power meter software can be added and integrated.

Overlay activities

The list goes on and on and on ...

seriously GTC sucks

What exactly is crap? Everything

GTC is not user friendly

Nothing ... absolutely nothing is customizable in GTC.

If you just want some software to show you have far you have cycled, GTC will suffice.

If you really want to analyze your training, you need software that can do the job, like SportTracks.

The list why SportTracks is better, is quite long, so I wont bore you with all the detail.

You can customize just about anything in ST

There are freeware plugins available, so if you have a weird and wonderful idea, there is a developer ready to wright the plugin for you. You can compare rides, you can import and export in just about any format.

You can join rides, cut rides, you can even take photos and have them linked to that specific ride.

The training reports are awesome and you can go into so much more detail. I have training data from 2007, so I can see exactly what I did per day, week, month, year on just about every imaginable piece of information.

What got me hooked in the first place was the ability to track my equipment. I can tell you exactly how many times, hours, or km's my chain on my training bike, or cassette on the racing bike or brake pads on the mtb has been used. With photos of every piece of equipment.

Routes viewed in Google Earth satellite.

Power meter software can be added and integrated.

Overlay activities

The list goes on and on and on ...

seriously GTC sucks

I will have to check it out, thanks for that. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to get my info from GTC into Sportstracks, or do I start from scratch?

Is it possible to get my info from GTC into Sportstracks, or do I start from scratch?

You need to find where the GTC database file is stored. ONce you've done that, open ST and go to Import, select the Import from Folder Icon, change the file type to GTC Database and select the GTC DB. It will read it and present a list of all the rides in the file and you can choose which ones to import.

You may need to manually select some of the options for each ride. The After Import plugin could also be useful.

Edited by Edman

You need to find where the GTC database file is stored. ONce you've done that, open ST and go to Import, select the Import from Folder Icon, change the file type to GTC Database and select the GTC DB. It will read it and present a list of all the rides in the file and you can choose which ones to import.

You may need to manually select some of the options for each ride. The After Import plugin could also be useful.

Thanks,just having a bit of difficulty locating the database, is that the TCD file in the "User data" folder? I also just did a backup and that is also a TCD file, but in the backup folder I just created, could I use either of those? If thats the date file I'm needing to import into SportsTrack of previous rides/ workouts.

What is the file extension that you can share for a particular ride? for example I've done I ride and you want to do the same course but follow it on your Edge 500

Use gpx file extensions, that is a more universal extension. TCX is training center specific.