Rugby...

'Dale

Interesting - they asked Frans which position he likes most and would like to make his and he said no 15 - to which Ian Mac ( also a selector ) said he wants to see Frans at 15, which would free up Lambie and brings up the Lambie/Morne no 10 debate. They did not say to much about Morne Steyn, they did all agree he was going through a bad patch but not to much concrete was said on what will happen next game. I get the idea HM will have the final say on that.

I would love FS at 15, then we can go back to seeing drop goal attempts from his own half when nothings on. I cannot believe how muched I have actually missed seeing thatclap.gif

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love FS at 15, then we can go back to seeing drop goal attempts from his own half when nothings on. I cannot believe how muched I have actually missed seeing thatclap.gif

Remember that one in the WC Final against England... France 2007.

w00t.gif

After a frustrating time with the boks Pat Lambie and Juan de Jongh went back to Currie Cup with a point to prove and performed. Morne Steyn went back to Currie Cup and got so frustrated with himself he earned a suspension.

If Morne Steyn and Taute get picked ahead of Lambie / Elton and Gangnam de Jongh my enthusiasm for the Springsboks will be very low.

No disrespect to Jaco Taute, who I suspect is a better 15 than 12 or 13, but if they dont pick Gangnam to start , then I got issues. Low enthusiasm is a good way to put it bru.

Also battling to get excited without Bryan unfortunately, but oh boy , if they got the balls to start with Rhule, we might see a trick or two.

Interesting - they asked Frans which position he likes most and would like to make his and he said no 15 - to which Ian Mac ( also a selector ) said he wants to see Frans at 15, which would free up Lambie and brings up the Lambie/Morne no 10 debate. They did not say to much about Morne Steyn, they did all agree he was going through a bad patch but not to much concrete was said on what will happen next game. I get the idea HM will have the final say on that.

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/news/121031/Lambie_to_get_his_chance_at_pivot“The aim of this tour is two-fold – we need to try and win every test, but we also need to start looking forward up through to the World Cup. We saw in the Currie Cup final that the team that defends the best and has the best tactical kicking wins (in play-off matches)."He is tried and tested at Super Rugby level but I want to go forward with two flyhalves from here and I want to use this opportunity to see what Pat can do at this level.”So it looks likely that Lambie, Morne and Elton will each get a start on tour; AND are basically going to be playing for the flyhalf #2 spot come next year with Johan Goosen. This is despite Lambie being slotted in as a fullback on the squad list.

http://www.superspor...ce_at_pivot“The aim of this tour is two-fold – we need to try and win every test, but we also need to start looking forward up through to the World Cup. We saw in the Currie Cup final that the team that defends the best and has the best tactical kicking wins (in play-off matches)."He is tried and tested at Super Rugby level but I want to go forward with two flyhalves from here and I want to use this opportunity to see what Pat can do at this level.”So it looks likely that Lambie, Morne and Elton will each get a start on tour; AND are basically going to be playing for the flyhalf #2 spot come next year with Johan Goosen. This is despite Lambie being slotted in as a fullback on the squad list.

Okay - so things are a changing.

Okay - so things are a changing.

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/news/121031/Lambie_to_get_his_chance_at_pivot“The aim of this tour is two-fold – we need to try and win every test, but we also need to start looking forward up through to the World Cup. We saw in the Currie Cup final that the team that defends the best and has the best tactical kicking wins (in play-off matches)."He is tried and tested at Super Rugby level but I want to go forward with two flyhalves from here and I want to use this opportunity to see what Pat can do at this level.”So it looks likely that Lambie, Morne and Elton will each get a start on tour; AND are basically going to be playing for the flyhalf #2 spot come next year with Johan Goosen. This is despite Lambie being slotted in as a fullback on the squad list.

Why does this have to be complicated. Playing each of the 3 in separate games against different opposition in order to compare them is daft. Just pick one and play him in all 3 games ( that's one of Pat or Elton) , can't keep hedging your bets dude, at some point you got to decide. Me, I'd pick Pat and get on with it.

My side ( from those on tour)

1. Beast

2. Adriaan

3. Jannie

4. Eben

5. Juandre

6. Marcel

7. Willem

8. Duane

9. Ruan

10. Pat

11. Raymond Rhule

12. Jean

13. Juan

14. JP

15. Jaco Taute

16. Chilli

17. Gurthro

18. Franco vd Merwe

19. Elton

20. Lionel

21. Hougie

22. Flo

Edited by Benjamin

Now THAT thing broke my heart. Losing to better side on the day like in the last 2 Currie Cup finals, you just got to take on the chin, but that Super 14 final will burn forever in the hearts of Sharks everywhere.

Yes, that was very sad. The Sharks were definitely the better side that day...

From Currie Cup hero to the Kings...

So, Demetri Catrakilis is Kings bound in the end. He just hopes the youngster has an escape clause in his contract so that he does not get stuck at the EP Kings if they get booted out of the S15 in 2014.

I'm a lover, not a fighter...

But that gets my green blood boilin'.

:-/

Your Liquigas blood or Springbok blood? :)

I dig Tony Johnson's views.

And I note that Heyneke Meyer has included three overseas players in his team.

In New Zealand there is a hard and fast rule, one that is never likely to change, that anyone wanting to play for the All Blacks has to play in New Zealand. The NZRU feels it has to protect the integrity of Super Rugby and our ITM Cup, and were it to relax the stance the steady trickle of players heading overseas would become a torrent.

It’s also a belief here that the pace of rugby in Europe would not be conducive to the way the All Blacks play.

It seems to be different in South Africa, it seems to work OK, although you may have differing thoughts on this.

Read more here:

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/blogs/tony-johnson/Interesting_selections_for_yearend_tours

I dig Tony Johnson's views.

And I note that Heyneke Meyer has included three overseas players in his team.

In New Zealand there is a hard and fast rule, one that is never likely to change, that anyone wanting to play for the All Blacks has to play in New Zealand. The NZRU feels it has to protect the integrity of Super Rugby and our ITM Cup, and were it to relax the stance the steady trickle of players heading overseas would become a torrent.

It’s also a belief here that the pace of rugby in Europe would not be conducive to the way the All Blacks play.

It seems to be different in South Africa, it seems to work OK, although you may have differing thoughts on this.

Read more here:

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/blogs/tony-johnson/Interesting_selections_for_yearend_tours

do they have quota and transformation policies in NZ?

Never heard of any, fabes.

I don't think it's fair for us to implement a rule like that if there are soapy politics in our sport

My side ( from those on tour)

1. Beast

2. Adriaan

3. Jannie

4. Eben

5. Juandre

6. Marcel

7. Willem

8. Duane

9. Ruan

10. Pat

11. Raymond Rhule

12. Jean

13. Juan

14. JP

15. Jaco Taute

I'll just change Marcel with Flo in the starting XV.