Rugby...

'Dale

Wales snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

Boks will be relieved but concerned about their ability to dominate lesser teams, never mind the mighty NZ and feisty Oz

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EdEdEd

Boks will be relieved but concerned about their ability to dominate lesser teams, never mind the mighty NZ and feisty Oz

They will have to get a better attack plan than : "ok boys, lets get the ball out and through the hands to Willie as much as possible".

How awesome Willie "the magic" le Roux might be, he cant be responsible for bringing all the magic

They will have to get a better attack plan than : "ok boys, lets get the ball out and through the hands to Willie as much as possible".

How awesome Willie "the magic" le Roux might be, he cant be responsible for bringing all the magic

+1

......and you don't need magic to do the basic things correctly.......just a helluvalot of repetition......stuff like hand-offs, first time tackling (or at least stopping the opponents momentum), running with the ball under the correct arm, transferring the ball before a collision, the ability to stay upright (balance) in a contact situation, creating uncertainty between two opponents (attacking line ala Willie), grubbers, etc. We have a physically superior team, mediocre technically (skillz), and at best a 2 dimensional tactical approach (try running over the opponents with brute force or wait for a mistake). Luckily some players are willing to put everyhing on the line (gutts), sometimes to their detriment. It does not help you are an expert shadow boxer with all the moves and pazzas........if the fight turns into a street brawl you should still be able to outclass your opponent.......

.........but a win is a win.....and the uncertainty and inconsistency keeps it interesting.....at least for the SA supporters.

Didn't deserve that win... but a win is a win

I wont go so far as to say we did not deserve to win. Boks made many stupid errors, and Wales played well today, but in trying to be "physical" they were playing dirty. They got away with al lot - high tackles, players on the ground on the wrong side slowing play down, etc.

Imo their one try was a knock-on - player lost the ball on the line.

That last tackle was an intentional elbow to the face. I would not be surprised that gets sanctioned during the week - red card offence imo. Very stupid - proper tackle could have won it for Wales.

I wont go so far as to say we did not deserve to win. Boks made many stupid errors, and Wales played well today, but in trying to be "physical" they were playing dirty. They got away with al lot - high tackles, players on the ground on the wrong side slowing play down, etc.

That last tackle was an intentional elbow to the face. I would not be surprised that gets sanctioned during the week - red card offence imo. Very stupid - proper tackle could have won it for Wales.

exactly. We were the better team on the day from an attack and temperament point of view. Yes, we got scuppered and denied a LOT of times, but we kept it together more than them and their tempers got the better of them when it mattered most.

OK maybe didn't deserve to win is being a bit harsh.. But we played very poorly... And even more so considering our dominant lineout

OK maybe didn't deserve to win is being a bit harsh.. But we played very poorly... And even more so considering our dominant lineout

100%. We have a long way to go to be considered a fully competitive outfit

Flip was just stupid today. First game back, and he he goes and flips (pun, sorry) a players leg while he is in the air. With all the good locks we have, why is he even in the group? Etsebeth, Peter Steph, Lood all better players.

@Christie

Etsebeth and Peter Steph are still out injured.

BTW, I see HM now says they did not have a good game because the Boks are tired, yet last week after the good win the were not tired. The Bok management must think of better excuses next time.

As an aside, yesterday afternoon while doing tea and biscuits at the in-laws I found out my mother-in-law used to be Willie Le Roux's daycare mother when he was a pre-schooler. Showed us some photos when he was around 2. She told us he was a naughty bugger.

Boks will always be under pressure until they consider disciplinary records when selecting players. Guys like Flip vd Merwe and Jannie du Plesis give away way too many penalties for bull**** during each game. They don't have the professionalism to play, and they certainly do not add enough value to indulge their shitty attitudes.

Cannot wait to go see todays game live. Going to be exciting seeing some new blood come into the team. I hope Handre brings his form over from the u20 WC into this game.

Pe crowd has done well again, nearly a sell out game

Cannot wait to go see todays game live. Going to be exciting seeing some new blood come into the team. I hope Handre brings his form over from the u20 WC into this game.

Pe crowd has done well again, nearly a sell out game

Enjoy. I hear the atmosphere in the new PE stadium is of the best in SA. My blood is green and orange today (quite a few Cheetahs in the team :whistling: ). Glad Coenie is at 1, with Marcel van der Merwe coming on as tighthead replacement. Based on his form when he was still at the Cheetahs before he left for the Bulls, Marcel really should be the incumbent tighthead after Jannie, and keep Coenie at loosehead.

Pollard did very well, glad Boshoff got some time (I'm a Lion after all). Scotland wasn't the best opponents though ... We need a different #9 to be backup for FdP though