Rugby...

'Dale

http://www.superspor...ce_at_pivot“The aim of this tour is two-fold – we need to try and win every test, but we also need to start looking forward up through to the World Cup. We saw in the Currie Cup final that the team that defends the best and has the best tactical kicking wins (in play-off matches)."He is tried and tested at Super Rugby level but I want to go forward with two flyhalves from here and I want to use this opportunity to see what Pat can do at this level.”So it looks likely that Lambie, Morne and Elton will each get a start on tour; AND are basically going to be playing for the flyhalf #2 spot come next year with Johan Goosen. This is despite Lambie being slotted in as a fullback on the squad list.

I think Lambie should be given the 10 jersey as he is better than the other guys but I don't want to see Lambie at 10 while HM is coaching. HM wants Lambie to improve on his tactical kicking! I don't think there is anything wrong with his tactical kicking. If Lambie plays 10 with the instuctions to kick every ball he sees, then I foresee another attacking flyhalf (as Morne Steyn once was) being turned into a one dimensional up'n under kicker. Why does he want to turn the players into something they're not?

Lambie is solid on defence, he gets the backline moving and he is very good kicker, but it seems to me that is not what HM is looking for in a 10.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If we get an injury at (number) four, Bakkies [botha] would be the stand-by man, but for five we’ve looked at Marco Wentzel," said Meyer during their training camp in Cape Town this week.

"If we get an injury at (number) four, Bakkies [botha] would be the stand-by man, but for five we’ve looked at Marco Wentzel," said Meyer during their training camp in Cape Town this week.

Marco Wentzel! eek.gif

Whats next? Jorrie Muller on Standby as utility back?

Marco Wentzel! eek.gif

Whats next? Jorrie Muller on Standby as utility back?

Funniest post I've read this week :-)

Consolation prize for the Sharks !!

The Sharks also scored a treble on the night with their Currie Cup team being named AbsaTeam of the Year and their head coach John Plumtree, walking away with the Coach of the Year award. Sharks captain Keegan Daniel was voted as Super Rugby Player of the Year by the six franchise coaches.

I hear Lambie's nickname in the team is "crumbles" ...... What he does well under pressure.

Edited by eccentric1

Consolation prize for the Sharks !!

The Sharks also scored a treble on the night with their Currie Cup team being named AbsaTeam of the Year and their head coach John Plumtree, walking away with the Coach of the Year award. Sharks captain Keegan Daniel was voted as Super Rugby Player of the Year by the six franchise coaches.

Well done Keegan, well deserved. Pity Heyneke not a franchise coach.

Well done Keegan, well deserved. Pity Heyneke not a franchise coach.

Yes - Pity.

Plus another award:

The SARPA Players’ Player of the Year Award went to Springbok winger JP Pietersen, while Bryan Habana’s try against New Zealand in Dunedin was voted Supersport Try of the Year by the channel’s viewers.

I hear Lambie's nickname in the team is "crumbles" ...... What he does well under pressure.

Nee Oom - I think you must become a Sharks supporter.

Was at a breakfast this morning where Schalk Burger, Bismark du Plessis and Frans Steyn all spoke.

They mentioned this was a major issue and SA Rugby are looking at a different system where the top players can get more time off like the All Blacks.

The three of them were adamant that HM is the best coach they have worked with so far and convinced that he is going to take the team to great things.

Schalk says he still has a headache after the WP celebrations - when the Sharks were 12 - 3 up he thought it was all over.

He still does not have a Curry Cup medal.

Tell me something have these three guys retired from rugby yet? Do you think they would be selected when they fit if they said "No HM is useless, he is biased to Bulls players and he sleeps with a Morne Steyn action doll."

Tell me something have these three guys retired from rugby yet? Do you think they would be selected when they fit if they said "No HM is useless, he is biased to Bulls players and he sleeps with a Morne Steyn action doll."

Suurtiet capie

I agree with Ceres, no way that they would bad mouth HM.

Not that they really said he is a great coach, just that they have never trained so hard (Kamp Staaldraad much)