'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't warmed up to Heyneke.

:wacko:

Never ever thought I would have said it, but I almost miss Snorre De Villiers.

And then the Springbok squad ...

UNLUCKY

Ebersohn

Piet van Zyl

Brussow

LUCKY

Bismark

Juan de Jongh???

Kirchner

Ruan Pienaar

Pierre Spies (edit)

DESERVEDLY

Willie le Roux

Lourens Adriaanse

Jan Serfontein

Trevor Nyakane

Siya Kolisi

Arno Botha (edit)

Juan de jongh lucky? :blink:

surely one of the better centre's in the country...

He's got serious talent and has shown it before, no doubt. But as with Bismarck and Zane, he's had injuries this S15 and in his case there is some serious competing talent on display in the midfield. I'd be keen to know if you think he will start in the starting test 15? I think Serfontein will start next to Jean, which implies Juan potentially on the bench. And depending on how the starting 15 is made up, the bench 7 will want flexibility (e.g. Pienaar at 9 or 10, or Gio or Willie le Roux at 11/14/15, Coenie at 1 or 3, etc).

Edited by flymango

Definitely.

What a sidestep and fend off on attack and a rock in defense.

He's got serious talent and has shown it before, no doubt. But as with Bismarck and Zane, he's had injuries this S15 and in his case there is some serious competing talent on display in the midfield. I'd be keen to know if you think he will start in the starting test 15? I think Serfontein will start next to Jean, which implies Juan potentially on the bench. And depending on how the starting 15 is made up, the bench 7 will want flexibility (e.g. Pienaar at 9 or 10, or Gio or Willie le Roux at 11/14/15, Coenie at 1 or 3, etc).

maybe not this wkends match bt as soon as his fit i think he'l be in the match 15 without a doubt..

the games his played, he has looked good!

IMO he goes str8 into the mix when fit...his that sort'v player!

bt i agree on bissy not deserving to make this squad!

he hasnt prove anything (hasnt been the same motivated player ever since tedddy retired)

Zane average Kirchner is a coach favorite... enough said!

maybe not this wkends match bt as soon as his fit i think he'l be in the match 15 without a doubt..

the games his played, he has looked good!

IMO he goes str8 into the mix when fit...his that sort'v player!

bt i agree on bissy not deserving to make this squad!

he hasnt prove anything (hasnt been the same motivated player ever since tedddy retired)

Zane average Kirchner is a coach favorite... enough said!

What I like about Juan most is that he runs straight and at pace off the ball. Will be interesting to see the starting 15!

What I like about Juan most is that he runs straight and at pace off the ball. Will be interesting to see the starting 15!

yep some quality form players especially amongst the backs

more interested to see their game plan tho :unsure:

Springbok team: Willie le Roux, Bryan Habana, JJ Engelbrecht, Jean de Villiers (captain), Bjorn Basson, Morne Steyn, Jano Vermaak, Pierre Spies, Willem Alberts, Francois Louw, Juandre Kruger, Eben Etzebeth, Jannie du Plessis, Adriaan Strauss (captain), Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements: Chiliboy Ralepelle, Trevor Nyakane, Coenie Oosthuizen, Flip van der Merwe, Arno Botha, Ruan Pienaar, Pat Lambie, Jan Serfontein.

interesting...

SCHOOL RUGBY

A racial storm has erupted in Western Province schools rugby after a team walked off the field due to alleged racial abuse.

According to the IOL website, Wynberg Boys’ Under-16 team walked off during a match against Paarl Gymnasium over the weekend after the apparent use of the k-word directed towards one of their players.

At some point a Paarl Gym boy allegedly also told a boy from Wynberg: “I will slap the coloured off your face.”

The alleged slurs continued into the second half when Wynberg decided to walk off the field, with Paarl Gym leading 33-0.

Wynberg Boys' principal Keith Richardson said he was pursuing the matter and was trying to get hold of the referee, who is said to have heard the racial slurs and done nothing to stop them.

“I spoke to the Paarl Gym's headmaster and he hadn’t heard of the incident. I think there is more going around on social networks,” he said.

“We are trying to research the exact facts.”

Paarl Gymnasium's headmaster, Eddie Bateman, could not be reached for comment on Monday, nor could their head of rugby, Deon Gerber.

The Western Province Rugby Union (WPRU) said they are yet to receive a complaint or a report on the incident.

Springbok team: Willie le Roux, Bryan Habana, JJ Engelbrecht, Jean de Villiers (captain), Bjorn Basson, Morne Steyn, Jano Vermaak, Pierre Spies, Willem Alberts, Francois Louw, Juandre Kruger, Eben Etzebeth, Jannie du Plessis, Adriaan Strauss (captain), Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements: Chiliboy Ralepelle, Trevor Nyakane, Coenie Oosthuizen, Flip van der Merwe, Arno Botha, Ruan Pienaar, Pat Lambie, Jan Serfontein.

interesting...

... very. The loose forwards don't get me very excited based on current form. And a very interesting bench. And Le Roux trumping Lambie in the starting 15 .... mmmm? But it's only Italy remember. And as I've said a few times this season (eating humble pie), Vermaak derserves to be 9.