Private owned brands in SA to expensive?

jackisjymal

and what is worse is the fact that they try to compare their private owned brands to Brands like merida, trek , scott and Giant... why????

Like? Morewood? 'Cos it's a very good bike brand, selling internationally as well. Pricing is relative, and is reasonable for the workmanship that goes into the bikes themselves. Plus, boutique brand...

Are you referring to a specific brand in particular?

...like Morewood, Momsen, or PYGA?

If so... Momsen's are very well priced... PYGA and Morewood are hand made... and bare in mind that these are "boutique bikes", just as good as anything that is produced in europe or the US

and what is worse is the fact that they try to compare their private owned brands to Brands like merida, trek , scott and Giant... why????

you're right... you can't compare Morewood to Merida, I wouldn't be seen dead on a Merida :lol:

Edited by patches

you're right... you can't compare Morewood to Merida, I wouldn't be seen dead on a Merida :lol:

Well, you would. I'd shoot you if I saw you touching on a Merida. For reasons of pure humanity... I'd know you'd have been zombie-fied!

how can these boys be the same price as Giant, Scott or Merida when the big brands putts so much money behind technologie.....

how can these boys be the same price as Giant, Scott or Merida when the big brands putts so much money behind technologie.....

Production quantity I guess...

The most expensive MTB I've ever seen was around $75 000. Not becasue it was gold plated... but because Honda only made a handfull for their World Cup DH team. So all that RnD was split bewteen 4-or-so bikes.

Likewise, all the cost behind developing a Momsen is split bewteen a few hundred/thouhsand bikes as opposed to hundreds of thousands.

But still... just becasue they don't have a multi-million dollar RnD department, doesn't mean the design is flawed (although I can't speak from forsthand experience with Momsen).

But look at this for spec and price. I'd say that seems pretty fair

http://www.momsenbikes.com/bikes.cfm?prod=dl629_12

Now I was going to start on the whole edumication, speling and punctuashin thing.

But then I remembered I got shot down in flames the other day - no apology tendered.

So I will just do this.....

post-20304-0-60569800-1329482265.jpg

Eish.

Nubbin !

If you think MOMSEN don't use technologie ( I do understand the word), then Google Lars Momsen.

He is their secret-black-ops-undercover-tester, and now that I have told you, I have to hunt you down and kill you.

Let me just say this re: Lars. Wolves make fires to keep him away at night.....

EDIT. En Jajackekdinkjysmal

Edited by The Drongo

Production quantity I guess...

The most expensive MTB I've ever seen was around $75 000. Not becasue it was gold plated... but because Honda only made a handfull for their World Cup DH team. So all that RnD was split bewteen 4-or-so bikes.

Likewise, all the cost behind developing a Momsen is split bewteen a few hundred/thouhsand bikes as opposed to hundreds of thousands.

But still... just becasue they don't have a multi-million dollar RnD department, doesn't mean the design is flawed (although I can't speak from forsthand experience with Momsen).

But look at this for spec and price. I'd say that seems pretty fair

http://www.momsenbik...m?prod=dl629_12

+1I agree that price is really good!

But what justifies this ones price of almost R50k? http://www.momsenbikes.com/bikes.cfm?prod=sl929_12

+1I agree that price is really good!

But what justifies this ones price of almost R50k? http://www.momsenbik...m?prod=sl929_12

I guess components are help beef up that price. XTR, Formula R1 brakes. Fox fork...

but at the end of the day it's a big-wheel-bike and some of those guys will pay anything for one :lol:

Maybe pull Giant and Merida out of that equation. They manufacture frames for most of the big boys, who also happen to pull out catalogue models.

So essentially not all that different to so called "private owned brands" .... doh