Jack Salmo - your bikes at my house!

Bonus

If some one could let him know pls.

Bike is safe and sound meanwhile, no worries.

Bonus.

Edited by Bonus

If some one could let him know pls.

Bike is safe and sound meanwhile, no worries.

Bonus.

Story behind the story?

Yeah, what is the story man?!

I don't want to worry anyone that knows him - and I think he's ok, but he had a bit of an accident on Christiaan de Wet (West Rand)

I came along on my bike just before the medics took him away and phoned my step-son to come with the bakkie to take the bike back to mine. Last thing you need on top of injuries is to have your bike stolen . . . . :-(

if you know which hospital he is in, maybe leave a message ?

BIG THUMBS up on taking the initiative to get your son to come out with a bakkie to collect his bike. Not many people go out of their ways to help others anymore.

BIG THUMBS up on taking the initiative to get your son to come out with a bakkie to collect his bike. Not many people go out of their ways to help others anymore.

+1000000

+1000000

Yeah! Great move man! I would have been as worried about my injuries as my bike in an instance like that. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't want to worry anyone that knows him - and I think he's ok, but he had a bit of an accident on Christiaan de Wet (West Rand)

I came along on my bike just before the medics took him away and phoned my step-son to come with the bakkie to take the bike back to mine. Last thing you need on top of injuries is to have your bike stolen . . . . :-(

Bonus, the world is a better place because of you! :thumbup: Respect.

Cheers guys - just trying to do what I hope others would do if rolls were reversed. hopefully never put that to the test though!

I gave my phone number to the medics, now the guys dad has phoned me and will fetch what's left of the bike tomoro night. So all's well that ends well as far as that is concerned.

Regarding "Jack", he's been in surgery since arriving at Olivedale Hospital. Broken thigh bone and multiple cuts and bruises. Either he, or the girl driving the car that hit him, jumped a light. Sadly all too common over here from what I've seen - I even approach Green lights with caution!

The bike itself is only being held together now by the brake and gear cables (seriously!) The frame is broken in several places - and it's a Full Carbon Colnago with Record kit!! The wheels look ok, as does the saddle . . . if that's any consolation.

You know if I'd been 5 mins earlier on the road . . . . . :-(

Anyway, Vanderbijlpark tomoro morn for an 80km Argus warm up ride.

:-)

You are right, not many goes out of their way.

Edited by eccentric1

BIG UP to you Bonus!

Edited by Super Mario

I've been pleasantly surprised twice in the last week, still good people out there. :clap:

Nice one Bonus! Let Jack's old man know we're all hoping for his recovery, even if we don't know who he is.

Goodbye Colnago (may insurance cover your replacement and your nice Record parts end up with someone deserving - like Bonus, for example.)