All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure you give the guy a letter with your phone number on it. You know what hubbers arelike, they'll chase the poor guy down and come beat their chests here on the hub how they have liberated a bike from some guy who clearly cant afford one.

There is a gardener around the corner that had a mint condition Cinelli that I approached a year or so ago to do a swap deal, new bike or cash for old. His Bryanston owner had given him the bike but forbid him selling or swapping it.

Anyway long story short, I have stayed in contact and have fixed parts over the months. Saw the bike recently and it's in such a poor state I no longer want it as the paint work is in such a bad way. Sad!

Sad to see )-:

post-50-0-41711000-1405151836_thumb.jpgpost-50-0-49531600-1405151852.jpgpost-50-0-06131600-1405151868_thumb.jpg

It will make a nice project to restore. What size frame and do you have groupo?

Just make sure you give the guy a letter with your phone number on it. You know what hubbers arelike, they'll chase the poor guy down and come beat their chests here on the hub how they have liberated a bike from some guy who clearly cant afford one.

I hear you.

It will make a nice project to restore. What size frame and do you have groupo?

It is a 54 (my size) and i am busy with a restore. Unfortunately the paint and chrome were in very poor state but lots of elbow grease and some time at the electroplaters has got the chromed bits nice again. New paintwork being planned at the moment.

With regards to the gruppo, what are you offering ;-) ........

Hahahaha! I am just a poor boy. I may have some stuff but still deciding what groupo for a Bianchi SL I am about to restore. I am also 54 so watch out, make sure your Master is chained to your headboard at night.

Looks like some spray work for Bogus.

Sadly not. Commissioned Cliff at Cycleart to do it for me.

Bogus gets the Merckx .....

I had to go plast my client today to fix something, and I took a Pic of the Colnago.

Turned out to be a Carbitubo.

see Pic below.

Sorry about the reflection in the glass

post-24416-0-74635900-1405520537_thumb.jpg

I had to go plast my client today to fix something, and I took a Pic of the Colnago.

Turned out to be a Carbitubo.

see Pic below.

Sorry about the reflection in the glass

See quote below:

"Colnago Carbitubo

By Stolen Goat • Updated over a year ago

In 1989 the Colnago C35 was crafted by Ernesto Colnago. It was a real breakthrough in engineering for modern cycling. With Carbon fibre tubes being manufactured such that an entire frame weighed less than 3 pounds (1.3kg). Not only that but it was agile, strong and fast, very fast. Looking to further push the boundaries, Colnago teamed up with Ferrari in 1991 to produce a rare, limited edition version of the Colnago c35 – it was called the Colnago Carbitubo. Constructed with carbon tubes joined together with aluminium lugs, this bike is super light and super quick. The most discerning feature of the Colnago Carbitubo are the double downtubes which make the bike super stiff using wonderfully thin carbon tubes. This bike was ridden, with great success by Italian Classics maestro and 1986 World Champion Moreno Argentin during his time with the Ariostea team. It was also ridden by Danish rider Bjarne Riis who rode it in the 1993 Tour de France where he finished 5th. This bike is an absolute masterpiece from start to finish. Not many remain on the market and even fewer remain in such outstanding condition as this. The bike may be 22 years old but it looks and rides like new! We are fortunate enough to have this stunning Colnago Carbitubo in stock, I doubt we’ll ever see another quite like it."