Both legs the same strength? (power + endurance)

Never

One side is almost always stronger than the other, unless you are ambidextrous with your feet and cn kick a ball equally as far with you left and right foot.

Humans are full of imbalances and contrary to popular belief, these imbalances are natural. Our bodies are made of of two differing halves which result in the imbalance. No matter how much effort you put into it, you will never correct that.

Damn and to think the people from powerbalance were talking the truth. Now where did i put that miracle device?

Never

One side is almost always stronger than the other, unless you are ambidextrous with your feet and cn kick a ball equally as far with you left and right foot.

Humans are full of imbalances and contrary to popular belief, these imbalances are natural. Our bodies are made of of two differing halves which result in the imbalance. No matter how much effort you put into it, you will never correct that.

Explain "natural" please? I hope you do not mean "good".

Our bodies are stronger one side to the other (left/right, top/bottom, front/back, any combination of that) because of the ways we use it. We automatically compensate for an injury, or weakness which leads to the use of muscles and joints in other areas in ways they were not designed to be used. This will lead to injuries.

What tweaks were made to your setup, Edman?

Quite a few. The major ones were:

- Cleats moved to left on both shoes (shoes to right)

- Right pedal moved out by 2mm

- Wider saddle (130mm to 155mm)

- Cleat wedges

Thanks gjys some solid advice here.

Ever thought about it that strength and endurance are also 2 different things? So maybe just because one leg is stroonger as such, it does not mean it gives more output over a longer period.

In fact, the thinner leg is much better toned in terms of muscle.

I think Swiss has got a point in terms of doing reps instead of seeing how much you can actually lift in terms of weight.

Damn and to think the people from powerbalance were talking the truth. Now where did i put that miracle device?

:lol:

Quite a few. The major ones were:

- Cleats moved to left on both shoes (shoes to right)

- Right pedal moved out by 2mm

- Wider saddle (130mm to 155mm)

- Cleat wedges

Very interesting. Subtle stuff.

Before I used clipless pedals on my spinning bike at home, I wore running shoes and normal flat metal pedals. These shoes were only used on the spinning bike, and not even for walking. Noticed much more wear on the sole of the righ hand shoes than on the left one, which makes me believe that I pedal much harder with the right leg.

My advise is to get one of these :devil: , then both legs in perfect harmony... and you will never fall over either

post-1424-0-32322100-1329980189.jpg

My advise is to get one of these :devil: , then both legs in perfect harmony... and you will never fall over either

Good advice, but maybe just a bit too stale, cause the Power Balance joke is old, very old.

Thanks gjys some solid advice here.

Ever thought about it that strength and endurance are also 2 different things? So maybe just because one leg is stroonger as such, it does not mean it gives more output over a longer period.

In fact, the thinner leg is much better toned in terms of muscle.

I think Swiss has got a point in terms of doing reps instead of seeing how much you can actually lift in terms of weight.

The toned leg has the superficial muscles more.defined than the other. This in itself indicates the imbalance you've noticed. Muscles develop where you use them. You use those that do not hurt.

Yes sir.

I am however struggling with cycling performance in a big way. It is as if I am stuck in third gear. And I always cramp in my "better toned leg" on the run, but only in triathlon. I always thought it was because of the angle of the road you run in, but I do trail running as well without any hassles.

Yes sir.

I am however struggling with cycling performance in a big way. It is as if I am stuck in third gear. And I always cramp in my "better toned leg" on the run, but only in triathlon. I always thought it was because of the angle of the road you run in, but I do trail running as well without any hassles.

Are the cramps in the same muscle group i.e. calves, quads, inner thigh, hamstring.....

Are the cramps in the same muscle group i.e. calves, quads, inner thigh, hamstring.....

Yes. normally my left calve. Sometimes the quad. Always left. Never the hamstring.

En dan kry ek ook soms `n kramp in my gat maar dit is meer agv die Joburg traffic

Interesting stuff.

So I read Benita's website, has anybody ever used the powercranks she advocates? It forces your hamstrings to pull on the up stroke.

Yes. normally my left calve. Sometimes the quad. Always left. Never the hamstring.

En dan kry ek ook soms `n kramp in my gat maar dit is meer agv die Joburg traffic

Gat krampe agv Joburg verkeer - Makelik...verhuis / trek na PE

There are a variety of issues (physically with you) which could be causing the problem of one leg or certain muscles working harder on the bike leading to cramping. If it is a constant problem then recommendation would be to have your current bike setup / body function while cycling accessed by someone who knows not only about bike set up but also how the body functions while riding a bicycle.

It could be something simple like shoe / cleat position or more complicated like a leg length discrepancy, pelvis or hip asymmetry (uneven)…..hence the need to have an expert eye you out while cycling.

Do you have lower back pain while cycling or signs that you sit more on one side (evidenced by cycle shorts / saddle wear pattern)?

This could suggest a hip / pelvis asymmetry situation which imo would manifest as fatigue in the upper leg hip flexor / quad area.

Problem with the calf could suggest a shoe / cleat set up issue, cleat to far forward perhaps

But like I said, get it checked by an expert and I don’t mean a hub exspurt….LOL