What is your oldest gear you still use

FanieFiets

In Camden Town in London, they have loads of those old woolen cycling jerseys, hundreds & hundreds of them, they always looked so hot to wear while riding, what was it like back then? :whistling:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A set of Campagnola Atlanta '96 rims 36hole.

Built on to Shimano Ultegra 6500 hubs with DT Swiss db spokes.

Strongest set of wheels I have ever owned.

Still as true the day they were built.

this is probably a bit embarrassing but I have a 1990 Shimano jacket which is dated but functional as well as a Collstrop jersey from when the team rode the Boland tour in about 1991 (still with Rik Coppens' name inside). As for 8 speed, that's all the gears my road bike has (along with a wheelset dating back to the late 80's).

My first decent mountain bike was a 1992 Diamond Back Apex. R1600 2nd hand in 1993. Got stolen in 2001. Got it back in 2003! I have the frame hanging in the garage but still use the deore dx wheels on my ss mtb. Those hubs are brilliant. I've only stripped and serviced the front one once in 19 years!

My first decent mountain bike was a 1992 Diamond Back Apex. R1600 2nd hand in 1993. Got stolen in 2001. Got it back in 2003! I have the frame hanging in the garage but still use the deore dx wheels on my ss mtb. Those hubs are brilliant. I've only stripped and serviced the front one once in 19 years!

There's a story I want to hear...

I used to live on a road that was the main walking route between masipumelele, a huge location, and the local mall. Tbe break ins were terrible. Had my whole house ripped off one day. Two years later I saw a guy walking down the road with my bike, so I confronted him and got it back! Two days later there was a brick through my cars back window... Sold the house soon after. I also got my bmx back the same way, different day, but it got stolen again! Now I lock my bikes to the floor in my garage

I used to live on a road that was the main walking route between masipumelele, a huge location, and the local mall. Tbe break ins were terrible. Had my whole house ripped off one day. Two years later I saw a guy walking down the road with my bike, so I confronted him and got it back! Two days later there was a brick through my cars back window... Sold the house soon after. I also got my bmx back the same way, different day, but it got stolen again! Now I lock my bikes to the floor in my garage

It is rough through that section of Sunnydale! SHO! Good that you got your bike back but quite k@k that you had to go through all the crap.

I know a guy who is into security that lives in the area. The one time they broke into his garage, went though his wallet and laid the cards neatly on the seat - took the money naturally. Stole some winter jackets out the back of the bakkie and were gone like the wind.

Edited by Tiny K