Ertjies Bezuidenhout

Delgado

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks TW

I enjoyed reading that.I was fortunate enough to meet all the guys in the article and It brought back memories.

Come on Ertjies

Super article :clap: Vasbyt Ertjies! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Nice piece about Ertjies. You can feel the presence of the man through the writing. Watching these guys duke it out in the Rapport tour is what ignited my love for cycling. I remember how I drooled over those Vitus frames. Aluminium man!!!!

How things have changed.

Absolutely a great read two hands.

Thanks, I wish all writing tasks were as exciting. That article wrote itself. His stories were so vivid and powerful I was only able to include a few. I sincerely hope I get to do it again.

Here's an update on his condition from the FB support page from his niece:

Chani Van Vuuren

Hi everyone... latest news from the hospital is that uncle ertjies has had 2 blood klots passed through his brain, one damaging the side of the brain that has to do with sight and hearing... All of his organs are still functioning though, and his heart has never missed a beat...... We are all praying for you uncle Ertjies..... You can do this.... VASBYT!

A South African cycling hero. May he recover soon and grant his family strength in this difficult time.

His niece has just posted this:

Chani Van Vuuren

Hi everyone. Oom ertjies. Just passed away... Thinking of everyone and especially aunti adri, pierre and jacques in this time. May u find strength! Love....