Ertjies Bezuidenhout

Delgado

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this:

@Cycle_Nation: Just received word this morning that Ertjies Bezuidenhout isn't doing well. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers...

Just read this:

@Cycle_Nation: Just received word this morning that Ertjies Bezuidenhout isn't doing well. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers...

Damn - not what I wanted to hear - come on Ertjies, you can pull through.

Hold on Ertjies! Keep on the big ring like you always did. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Jacques, you too, and the family. Sterkte.

I read his story in the Bicycling Mag last month. I remember him in the Rapport tour. A real terrier! Get well soon Ertjies. My thoughts are with you and your family.

......heard that he suffered a stroke today. Any news or confirmation on this. Hope he is OK!!!

His condition remains serious at this stage. A cycling legend that will always be in my thoughts and prayers. One of the greatest climbers. Always well tanned due to the long hours in the saddle. I followed him when ever I could during the early 80's. TEAM Le TURBO , ALPINA, REALTIME COMPUTERS,TEAM SOUTHERN SUN - PEUGEOT / MNET, alongside Robbie McIntosh, legendry Alan Van heerden , Willie Engelbrecht and Theuns Mulder. They wrapped up all the races from the Rapport Toer to the Argus. He inspired me to acquire a Peugeot Super Vitus PX 10 as he rode one :-) Only wish I could pedal and climb the baby as he did.

Keeping Ertjies and has family in my prayers and hope he pulls through.

http://www.dewielersite.net/db2/wielersite/afbcoureurs/BEZUIDENHOUT%20Ertjes.jpg

So sad to hear this... what an icon for so many of us.

Hang in there, Ertjies. There's still so much more you can teach us!

That's a great article.

He was my hero as a kid.

Yebo a hero. :clap: One year when the Rapport toer ended in Cape town he sported a black Peugeot with the decals in gold all the accessories in gold. It was a real head turner.