Wear The Helmet!!

Corrie21

Hey all

Based on the Topic "Bad ad on Supersport"

I went out to Groenkloof on Sunday and came across this guy riding without a helmet and on top of that he had his (I would guess, 15 y/o) daughter, riding with slops

There are quite a few signs saying "No Helmet, No Ride" and still its not happening.

Dont people take their safety seriously or are they just that friggen stupid?

Please guys WAKE UP!!

Hey all

Based on the Topic "Bad ad on Supersport"

I went out to Groenkloof on Sunday and came across this guy riding without a helmet and on top of that he had his (I would guess, 15 y/o) daughter, riding with slops

There are quite a few signs saying "No Helmet, No Ride" and still its not happening.

Dont people take their safety seriously or are they just that friggen stupid?

Please guys WAKE UP!!

It doesn't make a difference, saw a tjop on a motorbike in Magalies yesterday with flip flops!

Saw an oke riding up witkoppen yesterday afternoon, no lid. apparently he is not too worried about the abilities of taxi drivers on this road.

Annoys the **** out of me as well, especially when they're with kids. But, it's a personal choice thing I guess, have learned to rather contain myself and not let it get to me.

Although on private land like Groenies, something should definitely be said. Because those tools will end up ruining it for the rest of us, more so if/when something happens. At Groenkloof theres no excuse, there are helmets for hire as well as bikes.

On Tuesday last week i had a lie down on my mtb when i hit some ice and broke my helmet.I hit my head pretty hard on the tar and had a sore neck for most of last week.Wear the helmet,it can save your life.

At least my stiches can come out tomorrow.

Edited by gummibear

Annoys the **** out of me as well, especially when they're with kids. But, it's a personal choice thing I guess, have learned to rather contain myself and not let it get to me.

Although on private land like Groenies, something should definitely be said. Because those tools will end up ruining it for the rest of us, more so if/when something happens. At Groenkloof theres no excuse, there are helmets for hire as well as bikes.

I seem to remember one of Geoff's e-mail rants going on about insurance being voided for all people using a venue if just one person isn't wearing a helmet. I might be mistaken as i read some years back. Any legal eagles who can comment?

I seem to remember one of Geoff's e-mail rants going on about insurance being voided for all people using a venue if just one person isn't wearing a helmet. I might be mistaken as i read some years back. Any legal eagles who can comment?

See, that is where it bites! Our insurance cover is at the mercy of some people with very clever comments as to why they CHOOSE not to ride with a lid...

Some apparently FORGET to bring helmets.. Well, get ready to FORGET about riding without one at Tokai soon.

Well, get ready to FORGET about riding without one at Tokai soon.

Turn them back at the gate! It should be that simple!