PPA DISQUALIFICATION STATS- NICE

Heckflosse

DISQUALIFICATION STATS

In the past four events, 16 riders were disqualified for crossing the white line; one rider was disqualified for receiving assistance from a vehicle;  five cyclists were investigated for starting ahead of their seeded groups of which two were disqualified; two cyclists were disqualified and another received a warning for wearing incorrect numbers; five cyclists were investigated for urinating near the start line and three for littering.

Yeah, it is great that the PPA shares this information and create more awareness amongst cyclists. When there are consequences to disobeying the rules cyclists will be more inclined to obey him. Well done PPA and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

With so many riders here in Gauteng with bladder issues, they'd lose 10% of the field because of urinating in public before the race. :thumbdown:

I absolutely LOVE the way the Gauteng race organisers have come to the party w.r.t the whole white line thing....

Rolling road closure. Advancing the SPORT without pissing off the riders.

PPA might get this info in the next 3 years......well....that is if they can look past the koppietjie. :clap:

With so many riders here in Gauteng with bladder issues, they'd lose 10% of the field because of urinating in public before the race. :thumbdown:

LOL...

Some races in CT have rolling road closure, but it's area dependant. When there is a race in the southern suburbs tho all the Constantia mommies get pissed off on their way to their breakfast dates with the rest of the who's who, so it's not really possible. Plus all the climbing means cars have to crawl at 20-25kmph instead of 40-45 on the flatter races.

The number swap done that one loong ago. I was the one who downgraded though and then PPA decides to merge some bunches. So my other number also makes it to the first starting group and I get a hard day up front instead of a stroll with a later group. Later i really had a H number showed up on a dikwiel and what does the nice miss Cole do she creates a nice A-H group for the mid distance dikwiel out of the back on the big climb off course.

Yeah, it is great that the PPA shares this information and create more awareness amongst cyclists. When there are consequences to disobeying the rules cyclists will be more inclined to obey him. Well done PPA and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Yip!

:thumbup: