Capestorm<Sportsmans Warehouse

pbp2007

It is indeed true MR Baxter did start CS from his garage is a founding member and yes K-Way(kwaai) :clap: is doing the whole shebang including shorts, jerseys, waterproof jackets etc...as for cape storm its a damn shame.

Mr??? thought he had a ph.D and was allowed the title?

I have been an ardent supporter of the Andy Baxter Brand ( called Intrepid) when it was called Intrepid back in 1997 and even then its was competing with well know brands and descendant of the high quality product known to us now as Cape Storm.

It goes without saying that brands are built by people and their passions and this will undoubtedly lost with a company that some how does not seem to have the same enthusiasm or passion for a continuance of the legacy generated by CapeStorm.

Having been a part of the development team in same way or another i can vouch for the rigor and attention to detail and articulation and ultimate performance Andy has demanded from his team and fabrics they employ. 5 samples later there are still a few tweaks and so forth..

Its this delicate weave of passion and fabric that has delivered the performance and comfort we have come to expect and demand from a Capestorm Garment. Borne in what we proudly wear,boast and toast to over roaring campfires, freezing mountain passes and yes those moisture draining singletrack trails in every part of the country. Performance by Capestorm because they understand and have done their homework.

I doubt these new muppets will ever grasp or even begin to understand the complexity of performance clothing in the real sense of the word.

How many of these directors actually own a Cape Storm garment ?

I have been an ardent supporter of the Andy Baxter Brand ( called Intrepid) when it was called Intrepid back in 1997 and even then its was competing with well know brands and descendant of the high quality product known to us now as Cape Storm.

It goes without saying that brands are built by people and their passions and this will undoubtedly lost with a company that some how does not seem to have the same enthusiasm or passion for a continuance of the legacy generated by CapeStorm.

Having been a part of the development team in same way or another i can vouch for the rigor and attention to detail and articulation and ultimate performance Andy has demanded from his team and fabrics they employ. 5 samples later there are still a few tweaks and so forth..

Its this delicate weave of passion and fabric that has delivered the performance and comfort we have come to expect and demand from a Capestorm Garment. Borne in what we proudly wear,boast and toast to over roaring campfires, freezing mountain passes and yes those moisture draining singletrack trails in every part of the country. Performance by Capestorm because they understand and have done their homework.

I doubt these new muppets will ever grasp or even begin to understand the complexity of performance clothing in the real sense of the word.

Well put.

Please answer the man's question!

(but I hope you're wrong, although I doubt it... takes a lot to do what CS did and in my opinion FA doesn't often measure up to CS at its best)

Mmmm, I have a problem with SW - their staff are more often than not clueless re the products they sell and they are overpriced - a pair of FF gloves I bought at C/Lab were about R200 more expensive at SW - perhaps an error but the staff at the time didn't seem to think so. It all looks so like a big fat monopoly in the performance sports wear and goods retail space to me...

Mmmm, I have a problem with SW - their staff are more often than not clueless re the products they sell and they are overpriced - a pair of FF gloves I bought at C/Lab were about R200 more expensive at SW - perhaps an error but the staff at the time didn't seem to think so. It all looks so like a big fat monopoly in the performance sports wear and goods retail space to me...

Yeah, my impression as well. I almost never go in any more. Its my feeling they cater to the basic mass market and not the slightly more knowledgeable athlete, nothing wrong with that, but its not a specialized sports store by a longshot.

Where they score is huge distribution to a mass market who want sport apparel for its "cool" factor, 99% of them will never even use it in the conditions it was designed for and probably the worst it will see is a chilly highveld morning when they wear it from the door to their car.

As any sport shoe company will tell you, more brand name sports shoes are purchased by people who only wear them to the mall and the local disco, they have no intention of running in them, most likely they dont even run.!