MTB Argus - Goodie bag

scuzzy

Just really wanted to rave about the awesome goodi bag we get a registration, it really makes this entry so worth it, glad someone finally got it right.

(said with a lot of sarcasm)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really awesome, for such an expensive event!! Did the xterra for half the price and got a t shirt, bottle, and alot of re hidrate sachets!

What i really appreciate are those nifty new platic like thingies, they say it is to fix the number to your handlebars, apparently the next big thing.

The sad thing is Scuzzy that every year we hear the same old complaints RE the goodie bag, yet nobody there seems to give a damn.

huh yall picked up racenumbers alreay? V&A canal walk pickup?

so wat was to da in he? :P

Edited by CatGirl

Not sure how they managed the prices at Xterra - i did the lite which was about R200, it included the R70 TSA day license and you got an awesome shirt that you are likely to use! really great compared to the prices of other races which are not even half the event!

I know this is bitching about the obvious, and I know it is always the same and they probaly right to rather give nothing, than to give a bag with a pen and flings in it, but as stated here, I also did the Xterra and they seemed to get it right, and who are they really? and "only" 2000 people?

Here we have the Argus, we have probably around 6000 people racing, suppose to be biggest MTB race in the SA, if not the world, and nada, nothing, surely there is a descent sponsor out there that can give you something, to make it worth it.

Every stage race nowadays gets something nice, and, taken into account that Columbia is sponsoring the Grape Escape, surely they could have chipped in.

So I guess the medal and coke will have to do, along with the water running out at the last few water stations, etc etc etc.

Anyway, what do we know, we're only the participants paying.

ag wat ek kannie mee worry nie! whaaatever ek wil net die dag geniet en KLAARMAAK! bogger die res ha ha ha

Scuzzy , what would you want in the goodie bag?

a set of pedals?

Edited by CyclingJan

@CyclingJan, ag, you know, it's probably not so much want you want, it's more about the getting nothing, if that makes sence at all, look pedals won't work though, as I alreay have those ;)

But like @CatGirl says, just go out and enjoy the racing ne

Still just feel like an anti climax for a race that is sort of suppose to be one of the bigger races. I'm sure even the Atta offers more

Storm in a teacup a suppose

there's a company that does these bags. they usually attach a survey to ask what you thought of the bag and what you would like or not like in the bag. fill it in when you see it then there will be less complaints.