Great Start to 2008

Delgado

First ride of the new year and this happens!!!! Colnago Dream HP with +- 2000 kays on the clock and it appears terminal!! 1 times frame to throw away.....................! Some good news.... the little furry friend and cause is fine though!!!

20080102_110439_P1025229.JPG20080102_110619_P1025226.JPG

20080102_110201_P1025228.JPG

Did not only the replaceable dropout bend but also the dropout moulded into the Carbon Fibre.

Did not only the replaceable dropout bend but also the dropout moulded into the Carbon Fibre.
Yup it cracked through both sections!!!! Repair would make for a cut n paste job!! Waiting to hear from the Colnago guys in the UK....

Delgado,

Please keep us posted.  I would really like to hear Colnago's response.

Regards,

Kinnie

Well I hope you get a better response from colnago than i have from battaglin. I still waiting since from a week after the Burger, that they said they would send me new drop oouts. Thank goodness that BMC here in Ct could do something about fixing it for me. But I must admit I did not have the carbon complication

I take it that its not a replaceable drop out?

what happened - what did the "furry friend and cause" do? are you ok?
Yup I'm good ....had to take evasive action to avoid little doggy running across a road and hit a pothole......from then on it anybody's guess...I think a spoke broke and tangled with the chain which ripped the rear derailleur clean off at the top of the pulley and gorged into the hanger??? The bike locked up like a seized 2 stroke TZR 250 and somehowI managed to avoid binning it further......thank heavens for the BMX apprenticeship......

Well I hope you get a better response from colnago than i have from battaglin. I still waiting since from a week after the Burger' date=' that they said they would send me new drop oouts. Thank goodness that BMC here in Ct could do something about fixing it for me. But I must admit I did not have the carbon complication

I take it that its not a replaceable drop out?
[/quote'] it is but the crack extends across into the fixed part of the frame as well......

Al wat ek kan se is .....****!!!!!!!

ja nee, nie lekker nie! Hoe lyk dinge daar by die myn ?

Delgado, thats bad news. Hope you get it resolved speedily.

btw, sounds like you have experienve of a TZR250 seizing up on you.

Wannabe2008-01-03 00:30:57

Delgado' date=' thats bad news. Hope you get it resolved speedily.

btw, sounds like you have experienve of a TZR250 seizing up on you.

[/quote'] ...as the great Kenny Roberts Snr who used to hold his knife at dinner with only 4 fingers!! When asked he said he always kept the little finger free in case he needs to urgently pull the clutch in!!!