Best 29er tires for the Epic??

bora

Hi Guys,

Please give me some advice what makes and models of tires should i buy for the epic?

I have maxis at the moment but I can’t ride properly with it in the cornels specially!?

Thanks

Cheers

Cornels!! I don't think anyone on the hub can ride a cornel. I don't even know what that is.

As for tyres you probably need The Captain Control 2Bliss Tyre by Specialized. I have only ever used these tyres and from my personal view they are the best bang for buck tyre out there. They work well everywhere and are pretty strong. I will be using them again for the Epic. Good luck and enjoy the race.

I've tried a few different tyres lately and am still left thinking the combo I have ridden 5 Epics on wins:

Front - Specialized Fast Track LK

Rear - Specialized Renegade

Control casing for both

Worthy mentions: Schwalbe's Racing Ralph (Snakeskin casing), and for a robust tyre (but with fairly high rolling resistance) the Specialized Captain Control.

My 2c

Ikon Exception Series Exo Protection, best weight vs strength combo by a mile

Yep all those that do not say Maxxis Ikon Exo`s are those that have not tried it yet.

Rocket Ron (more aggressive) goes on the front and Racing Ralph on the back

As mentioned by Dubber88 just make sure you ride the snakeskin version!!!

I have also used GEAX but its a bit of a nightmare to fit the tyre