Your latest upgrade?!?!?!

Cruz Addict

Ok so I know this may be a touchy subject for some but I love new kit, even on my not so top of the line bike I want to have some bling, anodized red valve caps, QR seat-post clamp etc etc. so here goes starting a thread for those that do have some pride in what their Ike looks like, bling or not. Oh also if you just want t post about a new piece of kit go wild.

My latest upgrade,continental UST mountain king 2.4 tires.

Apart from the added traction cornering grip etc etc they look absolutely wicked!!!

post-19041-0-58451200-1331485018.jpg

Edited by Crackberry

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, I recently bought a brand spanking new set of Mavic SLR wheels for my Yeti. Nice hey? I wouldn't know, I bought the wheels mid January but haven't been on my bike since then.

The day I got my bike back from my LBS I got sick, spent 3 weeks in Hospital and have been trying to recover since then, have lost 15 kgs and all my fitness (was training for Epic).

My latest upgrade is to come back to South AFrica so we can become proper cyclists that actually ride a bike again...... the most priceless upgrade in the world. We leave here on Wednesday and we cannot wait.

KS950i. 1000 Times better than my old Joplin 3

Same here. I have one for every member of the family and the KS is the best especially with the remote. I got the anodised blue colour kit to go with all the blue Hope bits on my Intense.

A drop post makes MTBing a completely new experience.

Edited by slick

Ha ha, I recently bought a brand spanking new set of Mavic SLR wheels for my Yeti. Nice hey? I wouldn't know, I bought the wheels mid January but haven't been on my bike since then. The day I got my bike back from my LBS I got sick, spent 3 weeks in Hospital and have been trying to recover since then, have lost 15 kgs and all my fitness (was training for Epic).

Good luck and be patient with the recovery!

If you are who I think you are (You won't know me!), it is more than a year to the 2013 Epic. Oh, and enjoy the little one while you have all this extra time!

if not who I think you are, you are the second person from the North to become quite ill while training for the Epic and suffered like this through hospital.

Eggbeaters 3. Very nice.

My old bottom of the range Eggbeaters ended up with internals made of mashed bearings and dry grease. Teach me to not service them.

This was the most recent part to be added to one of my bikes

http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/2108/63714.jpg

And here's what it lookes like on the bike

post-10758-0-85956400-1331540222.jpg

post-10758-0-52656700-1331540237.jpg

post-10758-0-61789200-1331540261.jpg

post-10758-0-36425900-1331540284.jpg

As for the next upgrade... I actually don't know?! (Quite rare for me not to have a CRC wishlist a mile long)...

What do you guys thing in terms of bling?

Good luck and be patient with the recovery!

If you are who I think you are (You won't know me!), it is more than a year to the 2013 Epic. Oh, and enjoy the little one while you have all this extra time!

if not who I think you are, you are the second person from the North to become quite ill while training for the Epic and suffered like this through hospital.

Sounds like you know who I am, am I on some Interpol hitlist that I don't know about?

Sounds like you know who I am, am I on some Interpol hitlist that I don't know about?

Not quite. Just suffers at the lyno hands of your other half.

Hope the recovery is speedy!

This was the most recent part to be added to one of my bikes

http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/2108/63714.jpg

And here's what it lookes like on the bike

As for the next upgrade... I actually don't know?! (Quite rare for me not to have a CRC wishlist a mile long)...

What do you guys thing in terms of bling?

How about a set of carbon Haven wheels to match the stem? Saw a set on one of those Cannondales at Cycle Lab in CTN and they look awesome!

A set of Conti Supersonics for my race wheels (cane creek volos). Probably as close to a tubby feel you are going to get with a clincher set-up. It is amazing how they roll and how much weight you drop over standard wire beaded tyres. I ran a set of Serfas tyres before this, and boy oh boy, what a difference.