Professional Bike Set Up: Feedback, Comments, Opinions.

'Dale

You can also go back as many times, gratis, to get things tweaked if need be.

You went in Durbs.

I will be sure to ensure those conditions here in Slaapstad.

Brilliant!

Edited by danseuse

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm opting for the Ergo Fit with Jeroen.

Really laaiked his engagement on Caesar's thread. See a few posts above.

I did the Ergomax, no major changes to my setup @R550 but the saddle getting dropped 1cm, moved a bit forward, inverted and dropped my stem on my MTB, and man oh man what a difference that made to my riding. No more back pain, so much more power through the pedal stroke, and my balance over all is just so much better.

I always knew bike fitting was important and my original settings wasnt that far off, but those few little adjustments made the absolute world of difference. Plus you get a nice PDF to setup other bikes you may have. I should have done this years ago.

I did the Ergomax, no major changes to my setup @R550 but the saddle getting dropped 1cm, moved a bit forward, inverted and dropped my stem on my MTB, and man oh man what a difference that made to my riding. No more back pain, so much more power through the pedal stroke, and my balance over all is just so much better.

I always knew bike fitting was important and my original settings wasnt that far off, but those few little adjustments made the absolute world of difference. Plus you get a nice PDF to setup other bikes you may have. I should have done this years ago.

I find this biomechanical science fascinating.

Just reading your post there.

Good report, covie. :thumbup:

Edited by danseuse

You went in Durbs.

I will be sure to ensure those conditions here in Slaapstad.

Brilliant!

Yeah, I'm going back later this week, just for another check up on my hardtail Ive just built up, this will be the third time, should be hundred percent after this, my other bike was spot on first time and no problems whatsoever.

Now you just need to get a MTB and happy days

Yeah, I'm going back later this week, just for another check up on my hardtail Ive just built up, this will be the third time, should be hundred percent after this, my other bike was spot on first time and no problems whatsoever.

Great report, just what I wanted to hear, I love these moments when the seedlings make contact with the soil and there is an eruption of sheer beauty.

Makes a moonset beautiful.

:thumbup:

looking at cape town based places here guys (and galz)......

Edited by Tiny K

Debbie at Trail and Tar does the Specialized set up. I have been to Dr. Swart and her. I find her setup much better suited to me. Plus it was half the price.

I've had a few setups

the ergo fit that I had done was great for the measuring etc but there was no fit on the bike.

Debbie at trail and tar does a BG fit R500 for the first bike

right down to setting the cleats and shims in my innersole for better foot position( which in my case made a huge difference ) even listening to the balanced sound coming off the spinner

the result is went down on the saddle and as Covie said better powerstroke, def more in the bike than on top so much so that reset my front shock much softer to get the right sag

Nice and loose in the shoulders and neck as I'm looking more ahead than down, the list goes on

Debbie is a real pro with the bike fit

Money well spent and the second bike was R250 for the same service

My opinion of ergofit is I would only get one from the Doc, had 2 ergofits and there was different measurements and as I said never even got put on the bike.

Edited by wapad

Paul Cordez at Epic sports centurion, really pays attention to you and way worth the price! Riding position is far more comfortable and energy consuming now

i will stay away if after the fit i am more energy consuming,but i get your drift,just pulling your leg.

I've had a few setups

the ergo fit that I had done was great for the measuring etc but there was no fit on the bike.

Debbie at trail and tar does a BG fit R500 for the first bike

right down to setting the cleats and shims in my innersole for better foot position( which in my case made a huge difference ) even listening to the balanced sound coming off the spinner

the result is went down on the saddle and as Covie said better powerstroke, def more in the bike than on top so much so that reset my front shock much softer to get the right sag

Nice and loose in the shoulders and neck as I'm looking more ahead than down, the list goes on

Debbie is a real pro with the bike fit

Money well spent and the second bike was R250 for the same service

My opinion of ergofit is I would only get one from the Doc, had 2 ergofits and there was different measurements and as I said never even got put on the bike.

What do you mean there was no fit on the bike? Are you saying you went there they took your measuremnts and did not get you on the bike to do the setup from the measurements taken. Thats strange, did you not ask what was going on.

I did a bike set-up with a professional crowd already mentioned in this thread. You sit in the room and get measured etc. But my knees still pained. I then went to another crowd and he had me riding up and down the parking lot and making small adjustment based on what he observed from my body. Now its perfect.

The point I'm making is that measuring you in a room and making adjustments without seeing how your riding style takes to the adjustments will only take you so far...

I did a bike set-up with a professional crowd already mentioned in this thread. You sit in the room and get measured etc. But my knees still pained. I then went to another crowd and he had me riding up and down the parking lot and making small adjustment based on what he observed from my body. Now its perfect.

The point I'm making is that measuring you in a room and making adjustments without seeing how your riding style takes to the adjustments will only take you so far...

Did you not go back to get checked out again? Did your knees "pain" while doing the set-up? Please do mention who it was so people can make up there own minds.

Contradictory views here.

Interesting.

Thanx.

:thumbup:

I set up my appointment with Ergo Fit. Let's see!